2B Durham
3B A-Rod
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Vlad
OF Dunn
OF J. Bay
Util Josh Hamilton
Util Glaus
Bench Pierre (I play him a fair amount though)

Pitching
SP Zambrano (Slightly considering selling low on him)
SP Brandon Webb
SP Huston Street
RP Brian Fuentes
P CC Sabathia
P Lilly
P Claudio Vargas
Bench:
Nate Robinson (I pitch him just about everytime tho)
Tom Gorzelanny (again, I pitch him just about everytime)
D-Train (pitch him as well, but his ERA blows!)

I know I could use another closer, but I am having a hard time making a trade for one... people are holding onto them tightly.

My hitting is doing real well despite getting A-Rod prior to his "slump." Only one home run since he joined my team, but he will heat up again without question.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=294579&highlight=

wanna help me out too? click my link
yamar2001
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby livinginarizona » Mon May 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Looks like a nice team, and you have a plethora of starting pitching.
I am just wondering what you are offering for relievers? Surely 2 starting pitchers for a decent reliever should be enough, or 1 Starting pitcher for a semi-reliever. If worse comes to worse, grab Eddie Guardado and stash him on your DL. The worse case you can do is having to dump him, but the best case it could easily become another closer for you.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yamar2001 » Tue May 15, 2007 12:01 am

livinginarizona wrote:Looks like a nice team, and you have a plethora of starting pitching.
I am just wondering what you are offering for relievers? Surely 2 starting pitchers for a decent reliever should be enough, or 1 Starting pitcher for a semi-reliever. If worse comes to worse, grab Eddie Guardado and stash him on your DL. The worse case you can do is having to dump him, but the best case it could easily become another closer for you.

I was offering a better hitter for a closer, and it got denied several times. It was the same manager so who knows, I could look around but it seems like a few different players are looking for closers right now.

I had Henry Owens but dropped him when he was getting shelled big time and it appeared he may not even close.

Dont know a ton about Eddie Guardado but will check him out. Does anyone have an update on the Blue Jays closer situation? Last I read the duty would be split by three pitchers.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=294579&highlight=

wanna help me out too? click my link
yamar2001
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Heiserman02 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:09 am

I like your team...i would either play pierre every day or deal him along with a starter to someone who needs speed and has a closer to spare...you could also try and get a better 2B than durham...he's about a million years old and is really the only weak link on your offense..

I'm also on the belief that its about time to deal Zambrano...if you can find someone who thinks they are buying low on him waiting for a turnaround then do it...i think hes going to break down this year after all those years of abuse under Dusty

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=286653
Heiserman02
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nothingtoproveco » Tue May 15, 2007 2:47 am

You have an excellent looking team. Strong lineup, especially in the outfield. I agree that if Pierre isn't being played very frequently you could look to package him in a trade for someone looking for speed.

As for closers, they're tough to come by right now. Is Accardo still available? It looks like he's getting the nod now as the closer for the Blue Jays and had a strong outing last night.

Great starting pitching as well. Willis is struggling right now with his ERA and WHIP but in general still getting wins so he's a good option to play if you're strictly looking for wins and strikeouts. Overall though, good looking team. Keep an eye on the wire for closers or try to package a starter with Pierre for a closer in a trade.

Please take a look if you have the chance:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=286210
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team