I'm the comish of my league and.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

I'm the comish of my league and....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm the comish of my league and....

Postby RedSoxDude17 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:44 pm

The league trade aproval is set to comish (its my first time being a comish and i thought that it ment if the league vetos a trade it goes to the comish instead of yahoo) and pre-season I made a trade with a kid for Jake Peavy. It was Eric Bedard, Johnathan Broxton, and Johnny Gomes for Peavy. When I did this trade people were mad but they got over it pretty fast. We used ESPN projections to make the trade and it seemd pretty fair. Then when the season started and Peavy was doing really fgood and everyone I traded was doing bad everyone started to get pissed off. Their favorite post was "Mass Drop at 6 unless Peavy is returned". I'm not going to give Peavy back just because he is doing bad and Gomes is a free agent and Bedard isnt doing as great as thought. What should I do?
RedSoxDude17
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedSoxDude17 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:23 pm

come on people
RedSoxDude17
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RowdyRed » Mon May 14, 2007 9:55 pm

Well, if people were mad, then you should have vetoed it to begin with. You should let people vote, and then veto the trade based on the vote. However, the people who joined the leagues knew what they were doing when they joined. They knew it was set to Commish, so if they had a problem with it, they should have expressed it then.

In our league, we vote, and if 2/3 vote one way or the other, it goes that way. If less 2/3 agree on the way the vote should go, then I (the Commish) get to decide.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxDude17 » Tue May 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Thats what we do now, but also the kid I traded with didnt want to put it up for voting. I told him if he wanted to I would but he didnt want too, but now that Peavy is doing good he does
RedSoxDude17
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jamastaballa » Tue May 15, 2007 3:24 pm

Sounds like this is solved...

But just wanted to add that it shouldn't matter who trades who to whatever team...the rules are set at the beginning of the year, and like the other guy said, the people should have said something.

Basically, you've done nothing wrong and your league-mates are being ridiculous.
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby converge241 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:28 pm

You should do nothing. 2 people agreed to a trade. Fin.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Return to Commissioner's Corner