Jesse Litsch to be called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Jesse Litsch to be called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jesse Litsch to be called up

Postby mweir145 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 pm

http://bluejayway.ca/

For those that don't know, this kid is the Eastern league leader in ERA right now, and has been dominating there over this last month. The Jays decided yesterday to call him up, and start him tomorrow night. I don't think it will only be for one start either, because I don't see the point in wasting an option year on him, and moving him to the 40 man roster for 1 start either. The question is, is this the right time to bring him up, or should they have waited longer? JP hasn't often brought up pitchers from levels lower than AAA during his time in Toronto. The last one I recall was Dave Bush (that did go fairly well, however). My final question would be, how much of an impact do you think Litsch can make in a tough AL East? He's been known as a bit of an overachiever on some Blue Jays' boards I frequent, and I think it's very possible he might be in tough at the majors this early in his career.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Jesse Litsch to be called up

Postby J35J » Tue May 15, 2007 11:54 am

mweir145 wrote:http://bluejayway.ca/

For those that don't know, this kid is the Eastern league leader in ERA right now, and has been dominating there over this last month. The Jays decided yesterday to call him up, and start him tomorrow night. I don't think it will only be for one start either, because I don't see the point in wasting an option year on him, and moving him to the 40 man roster for 1 start either. The question is, is this the right time to bring him up, or should they have waited longer? JP hasn't often brought up pitchers from levels lower than AAA during his time in Toronto. The last one I recall was Dave Bush (that did go fairly well, however). My final question would be, how much of an impact do you think Litsch can make in a tough AL East? He's been known as a bit of an overachiever on some Blue Jays' boards I frequent, and I think it's very possible he might be in tough at the majors this early in his career.



Is he similar to Janssen at all? I've followed Litsch some since last year and really like him. I really like the miniscule BB/9 mostly! ;-D Anyway, he seems like a guy that will be similar to Janssen....yes...no? Glad to see Marcum have a good first start this year....we played high school and summer ball together.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 390)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Litsch's first start: 8.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB.

21-4 GB/FB ratio. 8-o


;-D ;-D ;-D
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby powenM » Tue May 15, 2007 9:32 pm

He probably wont start again for a bit.

Jays wont need a 5th starter for a while.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4004
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jesse Litsch to be called up

Postby mweir145 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:36 pm

J35J wrote:
mweir145 wrote:http://bluejayway.ca/

For those that don't know, this kid is the Eastern league leader in ERA right now, and has been dominating there over this last month. The Jays decided yesterday to call him up, and start him tomorrow night. I don't think it will only be for one start either, because I don't see the point in wasting an option year on him, and moving him to the 40 man roster for 1 start either. The question is, is this the right time to bring him up, or should they have waited longer? JP hasn't often brought up pitchers from levels lower than AAA during his time in Toronto. The last one I recall was Dave Bush (that did go fairly well, however). My final question would be, how much of an impact do you think Litsch can make in a tough AL East? He's been known as a bit of an overachiever on some Blue Jays' boards I frequent, and I think it's very possible he might be in tough at the majors this early in his career.



Is he similar to Janssen at all? I've followed Litsch some since last year and really like him. I really like the miniscule BB/9 mostly! ;-D Anyway, he seems like a guy that will be similar to Janssen....yes...no? Glad to see Marcum have a good first start this year....we played high school and summer ball together.

Yes, he's actually quite similar to Janssen. They both are ground ball/non-strikeout guys.

And yes, I'm very glad Marcum was finally put in the rotation. Hopefully he can spend the rest of the season there. He had a no-hitter through 6 before he was pulled on Sunday. And yeah, Marcum is from KC, right? He started last year there, and I remember them mentioning something about it being his hometown. I may be going to KU next year, so I may be going to some more Royals games.

I'm liking the Jays new look rotation, assuming Litsch is here to stay.

Burnett, Marcum, McGowan, Litsch, and Ohka.

Atleast we're giving the young guys an opportunity to pitch, and work through their troubles in the majors (McGowan...). And when Halladay comes back in a month, hopefully Jays management will have the sense to pull Ohka, and not one of those 3 (assuming they are all pitching atleast adequateley).
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby mweir145 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:36 pm

powenM wrote:He probably wont start again for a bit.

Jays wont need a 5th starter for a while.

After this outing, they might want to change things up a bit.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby powenM » Tue May 15, 2007 10:26 pm

Anythings an upgrade from TOkha
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4004
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Ohka has been moved to the pen, Litsch will start on Sunday. ;-D
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby mweir145 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:13 pm

The greatest thing about all of this, is Jesse Litsch's father has posted on a Blue Jays board I frequent for a few years. In fact I didn't even really know who Jesse was before his dad came on two years ago when the Jays signed him after drafting him in the 24th round the previous year. The kid seemed like a real long shot to make the majors at that time starting in the low, low minors, and if he did do it, it was projected to take a lot more time than this. But he's continued to succeed at every level he's been in, and he's moved up 4 levels in under two years (counting the jump to the majors). It's a great success story, for both Jesse and his father.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby powenM » Thu May 17, 2007 5:30 pm

Wish yahoo would also join in the success and make him available.......sheesh!
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4004
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact