X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 15, 2007 1:21 am

The one plotline I'd love to see is the X-tinction Agenda! God, that storyline kicked so much butt. Unfortunately, they haven't had enough time to develop characters from the New Mutants. God, if they'd only get that story kickstarted now and continue it for a two or three part epic series. Get the New Mutants involved, watch the genesis of X-Force...everything. 8-o 8-o 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Tue May 15, 2007 3:36 am

I'm surprised so many people love the character development, I love character development in general, but in this case these characters are established to fans, I don't need to know their backgrounds as much, I love to see their motivations based on the current events and development there, but #1 was mostly all background, not that it was bad just not as entertaining as it could of been if they just took the ball and ran with it.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 15, 2007 8:57 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I'm surprised so many people love the character development, I love character development in general, but in this case these characters are established to fans, I don't need to know their backgrounds as much, I love to see their motivations based on the current events and development there, but #1 was mostly all background, not that it was bad just not as entertaining as it could of been if they just took the ball and ran with it.

I never read the comics, and only scarecly watched the cartoon. I know the basic history of the main characters, but I'm all for learning more about the secondary ones when time allows.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Laean » Tue May 15, 2007 10:17 am

ironman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Part 3 was kinda lame, but i would still lineup on opening day to see this one

Both Wolverine and Magneto have solo pics in the works as well...i think the Magneto one is a younger Mags though

Nightcrawler would be awesome to see again, from what i remember he couldnt do X-3 because he had some other projects going on

too bad Rogue (or Rogue-alie as i like to call her) sucks so bad...couldnt they have gotten Ashley Judd

i'm up for Apocalypse as well...especially if we could bring in Cable ;-D

X3 wasn't as good because the had a new director as Bryan Singer left to do Superman Returns. Singer focused more on developing characters and not totally overdoing it with non-stop action. I would suspect that unless he comes back for 4, it'll be more of the same stuff we saw in 3.

ding ding ding!

x3 was flat out amateurish and stupid. it was just a badly made movie.

x2 was awesome. x1 was ok.

i'll still watch x4 though, just for the action and things blowing up and all that other stuff.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 15, 2007 10:34 am

Rotten Tomatoes rated them
x-men 79%
x-2 87%
x-3 57%

#3 was the worst of the bunch but it was still good, if for no other reason than they killed off some of the worse characters.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 15, 2007 11:09 am

Yoda wrote:
ironman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Part 3 was kinda lame, but i would still lineup on opening day to see this one

Both Wolverine and Magneto have solo pics in the works as well...i think the Magneto one is a younger Mags though

Nightcrawler would be awesome to see again, from what i remember he couldnt do X-3 because he had some other projects going on

too bad Rogue (or Rogue-alie as i like to call her) sucks so bad...couldnt they have gotten Ashley Judd

i'm up for Apocalypse as well...especially if we could bring in Cable ;-D

X3 wasn't as good because the had a new director as Bryan Singer left to do Superman Returns. Singer focused more on developing characters and not totally overdoing it with non-stop action. I would suspect that unless he comes back for 4, it'll be more of the same stuff we saw in 3.

Yeah Singer is awesome but Superman was one of the worst movies I saw EVER.

fixed that for you :-b

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The one plotline I'd love to see is the X-tinction Agenda! God, that storyline kicked so much butt. Unfortunately, they haven't had enough time to develop characters from the New Mutants. God, if they'd only get that story kickstarted now and continue it for a two or three part epic series. Get the New Mutants involved, watch the genesis of X-Force...everything. 8-o 8-o 8-o

that storyline is awesome...i'd even settle for an animated version. i need to go dig those out and read them
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ironman » Tue May 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Superman Returns is the first comic book movie I can ever say I fell asleep during. I'm banking on it being somewhat like the first X-Men and that the second one will really pick up.

The Dark Knight should be pretty sweet though. Christopher Nolan did an awesome job with Batman Begins.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 15, 2007 12:35 pm

I don't understand the popularity of all of these comic book-based movies. None of the ones that I've seen have been anything special, some were horrible, some were pretty good, but it seems like half of the blockbuster action movies that have come out in the last 5-10 years have been based on comic books. Although, I don't understant the popularity/enfatuation that people have with comic books either, so maybe that explains why I don't get into the comic book movies.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Tue May 15, 2007 3:57 pm

ironman wrote:Superman Returns is the first comic book movie I can ever say I fell asleep during. I'm banking on it being somewhat like the first X-Men and that the second one will really pick up.

The Dark Knight should be pretty sweet though. Christopher Nolan did an awesome job with Batman Begins.

It was so dumb. Superman using his powers to stalk a chick the whole movie? Give me a break. He can turn back time, shoot lasers out of his eyes, bounce bullets off his body and chase down jumbo jets and he can't even will a girl into liking him?

On the other hand, Batman Begins was probably my favorite comic book movie to date. I can't wait to see the next one.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:19 am

bout time Gambit got in the movie. Outside of Wolverine he was my favorite
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)