X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 14, 2007 3:56 pm

Part 3 was kinda lame, but i would still lineup on opening day to see this one

Both Wolverine and Magneto have solo pics in the works as well...i think the Magneto one is a younger Mags though

Nightcrawler would be awesome to see again, from what i remember he couldnt do X-3 because he had some other projects going on

too bad Rogue (or Rogue-alie as i like to call her) sucks so bad...couldnt they have gotten Ashley Judd

i'm up for Apocalypse as well...especially if we could bring in Cable ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Mon May 14, 2007 6:24 pm

YES YES YES YES YES!

Now this is what I've been waiting for. Big Gambit fan. I, too, was fairly disappointed in X3 but I think some people might underestimate the effect gambit could have on X4. The character has a fairly large fanbase and that could really help X4 at the BO. Long time coming on this one ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Mon May 14, 2007 6:26 pm

X3 was a pathetic disappointment after the awesomeness of 1 and 2.

Make it stop! :-/
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pablo975 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:13 pm

I'd love to see X4 focus on a Apocalypse story. God, that would rock.
I agree that Halle Berry can go away, although I'd actually like to see her go the late 80's/Morlock/mohawk Storm route. That Storm kicked butt and Berry is a decent enough actress when motivated. Hey, shaving the head worked for Portman in V For Vendetta.

Cyke can go. As can Magneto and his whole crew, with the exception of Mystique.

No more Jean (til at least the inevitable Madylyn Pryor plot)

I'd also like to see:

More Nightcrawler & Colossus

Work around the Carol Danvers stuff and crank up Rogues powers to the comic levels. Otherwise, she's fairly useless.

Sawyer as Gambit = awesomeness

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ironman » Mon May 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Part 3 was kinda lame, but i would still lineup on opening day to see this one

Both Wolverine and Magneto have solo pics in the works as well...i think the Magneto one is a younger Mags though

Nightcrawler would be awesome to see again, from what i remember he couldnt do X-3 because he had some other projects going on

too bad Rogue (or Rogue-alie as i like to call her) sucks so bad...couldnt they have gotten Ashley Judd

X3 wasn't as good because the had a new director as Bryan Singer left to do Superman Returns. Singer focused more on developing characters and not totally overdoing it with non-stop action. I would suspect that unless he comes back for 4, it'll be more of the same stuff we saw in 3.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Yoda » Mon May 14, 2007 8:06 pm

ironman wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Part 3 was kinda lame, but i would still lineup on opening day to see this one

X3 wasn't as good because the had a new director as Bryan Singer left to do Superman Returns. Singer focused more on developing characters and not totally overdoing it with non-stop action. I would suspect that unless he comes back for 4, it'll be more of the same stuff we saw in 3.

Yeah Singer is awesome but Superman was one of the worst movies I saw in 06.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pablo975 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:10 pm

X3 sufferred from Brett Ratner aka The Anti-Cole Hamels. :*)

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 14, 2007 8:16 pm

X3 wasn't that bad. At least cyclops was killed early on, that's gotta count for something doesn't it?

Didn't the guy that played cyclops look like a slightly off photocopy of Tom Cruise?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon May 14, 2007 8:45 pm

X3 was bad. The fight scenes and special effects were great but the story was horrible. I just hope they bring back my favorite superhero of all time...Iceman. ;-D ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby thedude » Mon May 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Has anyone else noticed that most of the movies this summer are sequels to previous blockbusters?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk