X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

X4 "Confirmed;" Might Incl. Gambit

Postby StlSluggers » Mon May 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Dose.ca wrote:Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer in the TV series Lost, is in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to play Cajun fan favorite character Gambit in the fourth X-Men instalment. This confirms the mild speculation over whether another sequel to the fourth-highest-grossing movie in 2006 (approx. $234 million US) would be made. A few actors, most notably Halle Berry, have expressed reservations about donning the X-spandex for yet another intense, green-screen-heavy, CGI freak-fest. But with the success of the Spider-Man movies currently Hollywoods No. 1 cash cow with an iron-clad contract guaranteeing at least three more Spidey sequels its no surprise the X-Men franchise is still being expanded.

Josh Holloway expressed nothing but excitement at the prospect of bringing the kinetic Casanova to the silver screen, exclaiming, I would love to play a superhero. Id love to wear a cape and tights! We had a meeting and they wanted me to play Gambit, the card dealer character, they thought Id be perfect for the part. Well see.

Good news? X-Men 4 is a go. Bad news? Rumors of Johnny Depp playing Gambit were wildly exaggerated. Pirates of the Caribbeans Jack Sparrow vs. X-Mens Gambit? How insane would that be? Too insane to imagine? Probably.

I'm down. I heard that they rushed through plot lines in X3 so that they could get to Apocolypse.

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 14, 2007 2:29 pm

I have absolutely no problem with them making another film. Thus far, I think all of the movies in the series have been really solid. I've heard that Ian McKellen (Magneto) is not interested in reprising his role. That said, why not bring in someone like Apoc or Mojo as the lead villain? There's so many directions they can go with it, so long as they add some new characters like Psylocke, Gambit or Bishop. The possibilities are endless.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 14, 2007 2:38 pm

I say keep 'em coming as long as they keep the production values up. I can't get enough of these comic movies. Nice to see Sawyer get his break.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon May 14, 2007 2:42 pm

Just the fact that this is a movie about X men gets a 6/10 from me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby theclefe » Mon May 14, 2007 2:52 pm

I think these movies are getting better and better. For fans of the morning cartoon, Gambit has been the only thing missing. Whatever they do, I'll buy a ticket. They sold me when Wolverine said "bub" in the 2nd movie.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon May 14, 2007 2:55 pm

I love the X-Men movie series, so far it far surpasses what I think of other comic movies. I think #2 was the best then #3 then #1, I only didn't like #1 as much because they had to spend a good deal of time introducing characters that I already knew, but I understand the need too.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 14, 2007 2:57 pm

theclefe wrote:I think these movies are getting better and better. For fans of the morning cartoon, Gambit has been the only thing missing. Whatever they do, I'll buy a ticket. They sold me when Wolverine said "bub" in the 2nd movie.

;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby StlSluggers » Mon May 14, 2007 2:59 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I love the X-Men movie series, so far it far surpasses what I think of other comic movies. I think #2 was the best then #3 then #1, I only didn't like #1 as much because they had to spend a good deal of time introducing characters that I already knew, but I understand the need too.

I liked #2, then #1, then #3. The last one just rushed through so much that it was thin to me.

I like fewer characters with better development.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 14, 2007 3:09 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I love the X-Men movie series, so far it far surpasses what I think of other comic movies. I think #2 was the best then #3 then #1, I only didn't like #1 as much because they had to spend a good deal of time introducing characters that I already knew, but I understand the need too.

I liked #2, then #1, then #3. The last one just rushed through so much that it was thin to me.

I like fewer characters with better development.

Agreed, but I'm glad to see Gambit possibly appearing in the movie series. Sawyer playing Gambit would be a great casting call. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 14, 2007 3:38 pm

That's very good news. I love the X men series.

The one criticism that I have is that by the third movie there were too many characters. I say get rid of Storm, Cyclops (he's dead anyways isn't he?), Beast and a few of the other weaker characters.

Gambit is way cool and he would be a great addition. I want to see more Nightcrawler and Collossus and I would like to see Mystique come back.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Next

Return to General Talk