Need help about pitcher substitution. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Need help about pitcher substitution.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 18, 2007 4:49 am

i always thought the designated hitter couldnt play the field at all during the game. i always thought he was implanted as the DH and nothing else.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Tavish » Fri May 18, 2007 9:56 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i always thought the designated hitter couldnt play the field at all during the game. i always thought he was implanted as the DH and nothing else.


Once you put the DH into the field you lose the DH and the pitcher has to bat. The same thing happens if you put a pitcher into another defensive position.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Tavish wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i always thought the designated hitter couldnt play the field at all during the game. i always thought he was implanted as the DH and nothing else.


Once you put the DH into the field you lose the DH and the pitcher has to bat. The same thing happens if you put a pitcher into another defensive position.


ok...i knew it was one or the other.

(i was mostly basing off video games, because whenever you have the DH, you cant move him around !+) )
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact