Help....Collusion Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help....Collusion Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help....Collusion Advice

Postby sapcity » Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 am

Hi Gurus
I recently have had a problem in my Sportsline fanatsy baseball league and I wanted to hear from you as to how to judge it. I am the commish of a private (money league) H2H points league that has 10 teams and has been in existance for three years. One of the owners in our league manages his team in a rather unusual fashion. In 2005 he dropped Davis Ortiz, M. Texierra, and Michael Young. In 2006 he dropped Chris Carpenter and Jose Reyes. This year he has dropped Bartolo Colon and CARLOS LEE. OK.....here's the deal. He drops Carlos Lee and picks up Ryan Church. Lee now goes on waivers and the guy who dropped him is first in waiver rank and I'm in second for waiver rank. So, of course I put in my waiver request. Two days later the guy who drops Lee contacts me by e-mail to say that he is still having problems logging in to his Sportsline account (he was asked to clear up the log in issues by contacting sportsline's help center three weeks earlier but didn't). He asks me to re-pick up Lee as dropping him was a mistake. While all of this is going on, I'm away in the mountains with no computer so I never get his e-mailuntil the week is over. When I get back home to my computer I see his e-mail and that my team got Lee. Here's where it gets sketchy. I also got an e-mail from another member in my league saying good job that I got Lee off waivers but also that he had contacted the guy who dropped Lee and begged him to re-pick him up off waivers so that they could make a trade. I also got a telephone message from another member in our league saying that he was going to talk to the Lee dropper about getting him back on his team due to the fact he was still first in waivers. I think that these two communications made to the Lee dropper constitute collusion/tampering. What do you think????? Sorry the story is so long. Cheers......
Kevin
sapcity
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby surfly » Mon May 14, 2007 1:41 pm

I guess it's more complicated than I can grasp. Why not just re-instate Lee to the guy who originally owned him and let him start over? If he wants to make a deal for Lee with another owner, let him. Is your hesitation because YOU want Lee?

good luck
surfly Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner