Unbelievable - I guess I should expect in Yahoo Public - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Unbelievable - I guess I should expect in Yahoo Public

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TonyCee » Tue May 15, 2007 7:37 pm

SuperS1989 wrote:Yeah this same shit happened to me in two of my leagues. And the other league is completely dead.

The season is still young and its not too late, I'm thinking about throwing a league together with committed owners who want a second shot after getting boned by another league. Anyone Interested, we can hold an online draft. I have a few people that would be interested already, anyone else want in?

Post here and email me at mailto:SuperS1989@gmail.com

I hope to see some of you guys there

I'm down like a clown. :-D
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madman's Crazed Dogs » Tue May 15, 2007 8:04 pm

I'd do it.

Funny, other managers are asking why I got locked out. :-?
Madman's Crazed Dogs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SuperS1989 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Shoot me an email with any AIMs you have and whatever. Just so I know where to contact the guys that are interested
SuperS1989
College Coach
College Coach

Hmmm....

Postby UFB Commish » Wed May 16, 2007 1:23 am

I am a commish and I almost never speak out on deals. The deal is somewhat lopsided in favor of the Wells team, but it could be argued depending on the needs of the rosters that the other team gets fair value. The same can not be said of the Crawford trade. That trade was fixed or made by an owner who simply doesn't know enough to be a manager. One side gets the better player in every aspect of the deal. There's no way the other manager could claim value. However, since that trade happened first alarm bells have to be wringing on the most recent deal, so I can see how it's also questioned.
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby prricci » Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 am

The second trade could be argued based on value as others have stated...but the first trade (crawfor) was absolutely ridiculous. Given the history, I would have to strongly suspect collusion, which is one of the reasons that I would veto a trade (the other roster dumping - giving up).

The commishioner is weak or a cheat as well.

Get out of the league and be thankful this was not for money (which I think it is not).

I believe that you can delete your team from the league through your team managment links.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Tue May 22, 2007 3:37 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:That's 2 teams run by one owner. Either that or a contract between two people to make one super team. I don't need to see or hear any BS story about why the trade makes sense and why these two teams are owned by two separate people. All the evidence is there. This is cheating and shouldn't be/have been allowed.

First time we agree....

That definitely does smell like collusion.

The VWells trade standing alone seemed like it might be, but when coupled with the first deal, that is pretty much as blatant as it gets.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner