Torii Hunter - When will he cool down? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Torii Hunter - When will he cool down?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Torii Hunter - When will he cool down?

Postby chasedodge » Sun May 13, 2007 11:09 pm

I thought he was starting to cool down, so I benched him today for basically the first time all season and what does he do, just a double, two homers, and 7 RBI. damn you torii hunter.

He now has 8 HR 29 RBI and is hitting .324

What do you think he will finish up with this season?
chasedodge
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby x_Momentum » Sun May 13, 2007 11:26 pm

hahaha not tonight apparently.

Mmm, reasonable numbers IMO would look like, .290 AVG, 90R, 30HR, 95-105 RBI, 15 SB.

Like most players in baseball, he isn't going to keep up this hot streak forever. His numbers will look good though, definitely consideration as a #2 or #3 OF.
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sun May 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Keep in mind he's in a contract year, he's highly motivated to get the big bucks during the off-season. He's a big team guy too who loves playing in MN, so not only is he motivated individually but he's also motivated for this team to get to the play-offs and make a big run at the World Series title.

IMO those intangibles + Torii's obvious talent add up to a big year. He won't be having 2 HR 7 RBI games very often, but he'll do plenty for you.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Sun May 13, 2007 11:56 pm

x_Momentum wrote:hahaha not tonight apparently.

Mmm, reasonable numbers IMO would look like, .290 AVG, 90R, 30HR, 95-105 RBI, 15 SB.

Like most players in baseball, he isn't going to keep up this hot streak forever. His numbers will look good though, definitely consideration as a #2 or #3 OF.

Consideration for #2 or #3? He's always been #3 and a lot of years he was at least a #2. Add the extra stolen bases to last year when he was a legitimate #2 OF and he has to be considered as the top outfielder on most teams. You have to think with 7 already he's going to get at least 20 if not 25 swipes especially with how the Twins are running. The only thing to be worried about is injuries. I think he'll get the 20-25 steals and with the reasonable numbers you put out which I agree with (maybe a little lower average) that's gotta put him in consideration for getting close to the top 10 outfielders in fantasy baseball.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:15 am

Not until he gets paid :-°
Crimedogg32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kugino » Mon May 14, 2007 12:16 am

jfg wrote:
x_Momentum wrote:hahaha not tonight apparently.

Consideration for #2 or #3? He's always been #3 and a lot of years he was at least a #2. Add the extra stolen bases to last year when he was a legitimate #2 OF and he has to be considered as the top outfielder on most teams. You have to think with 7 already he's going to get at least 20 if not 25 swipes especially with how the Twins are running. The only thing to be worried about is injuries. I think he'll get the 20-25 steals and with the reasonable numbers you put out which I agree with (maybe a little lower average) that's gotta put him in consideration for getting close to the top 10 outfielders in fantasy baseball.

i agree that hunter's probably a 20/20 guy this year and may hit 30HR if he stays healthy. if mauer gets healthy he'll get even more opportunities to drive in runs so 100RBIs aren't out of the question, either...good times.
5x5 12-team league w/5 keepers.
as of 5/02: 2nd place; 5/27: 6th
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KrunK » Mon May 14, 2007 1:28 am

Yeah, I feel half the pain that you feel by benching Tori, because I benched Kinsler for basically the first game all season. Ordonez stepped up and hit the HR I needed to break the tie I had with this weeks opponent, so it ended up not hurting me. During this past fantasy football season, I remember benching Lee Evans (receiver for the Bills) and he had something like 220 receiving yard and 2 touchdowns which are just ridiculous single game numbers for a receiver. Never a good feeling :-t
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Splendid61 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:42 am

A better question might be when will Torii get injured?
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 am

Splendid61 wrote:A better question might be when will Torii get injured?

In 5 out of the last 6 years, Torri has played pretty much a full season getting close to 600 AB's every year.

I think he should have a solid year, possibly getting 30 HRs and 20 SBs, but I'd expect the average to drop to around the .280 range
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 am

yeah, having one injury does not make a guy injury-prone.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers