Blalock and Capuano for Aramis Ramírez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Blalock and Capuano for Aramis Ramírez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blalock and Capuano for Aramis Ramírez

Postby Hurt'nErnie » Sun May 13, 2007 5:24 pm

I'm the Commish of a 10 team H2H 6x6 (hitting and piching weighted evenly) and I am currently debating what to with this trade. I think it's vetoable. Am I over-reacting?

These guys pulled off a Santana/Burrell for Berkman/Bay trade already in late April. The guy who got Berkman/Bay is now looking for Ramírez. Berkman/Bay/Ramírez were buddy's 3rd, 4th and 6th picks overall and Burrell was just dropped. Capuano and Blalock were WW P/U's.

So, I guess on a bigger scale is Berkman/Bay/Ramírez for Santana/Capuano/Blalock a fair deal or again am I just over-reacting?. I seem to be the only guy questioning this.

Any help would be appreciated. I seem to be the only guy questioning this. :-?
Hurt'nErnie Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RowdyRed » Sun May 13, 2007 9:28 pm

I'm assuming you mean Johan Santana, in which case the first deal I would actually think favored him and not the one getting Berkman and Bay. Berkman, Bay, and ARam were 3rd, 4th, and 6th picks overall, or is that their round? You said overall, but I'm assuming you mean their round. They shouldn't have been drafted that early if that is their overall pick. Anyway, I have no problem with how you eventually put it. Capuano was good enough to be drafted in just about any league, and Blalock is putting up decent numbers (wait for that second half slump). I don't think it's good, but it's not awful. Considering I think he won the first deal with Santana, I really have no problem with it at all. If no one else does, there is absolutely no grounds for a veto.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner