TRADE THOUGHTS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

TRADE THOUGHTS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TRADE THOUGHTS

Postby UFB Commish » Sat May 12, 2007 5:05 am

We had this trade in our league and a couple of managers have complained about it. I'd like some thoughts from you all. The deal is:

Team A
Roger Clemens, Felipe Lopez, Scott Hairston, Mike Redmond, Chan Ho Park & Juan Salas

for

Team B
Takashi Saito, Sammy Sosa, Jon Lieber, Seth McClung, Alejandro De Aza & Troy Patton

In terms of trading Lopez, Team A has Carlos Guillen at SS, Ray Durham at 2B & Aaron Hill backing them up. In terms of trading Clemens they have Smoltz, Schilling, Beckett, Snell, Wakefield, Ramon Ortiz & Shawn Hill as SP. They have KRod & Valverde as closers and Soriano, Carlos Lee, Dye, Quentin and Chris Young as OF.

Team B currently has no regular catcher as his regular Joe Mauer is injured and Henry Blanco rarely plays. They have Tejeda & Hudson at SS & 2B, but no backup for either. In dealing Sosa, Team B would still have Drew, Gomes, Kubel, Nixon, Payton, Sanders & Michaels as OF. Trading Saito would leave them with only Todd Jones as a closer. Their SP is currently Halliday, Hamels, Sowers, Tomko, Mitre & Baek.

Park, McClung & De Aza are more or less throw ins to equal salary. None of them should factor into actual playing.

Teams in this league routinely field 10 or more solid SP. The starting positions are C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT for hitting and SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P,P,P for pitching. Teams have 40-man rosters. It is head-to-head and a keeper league with daily transactions.

Is this deal legit or would anyone say it should be vetoed? I will present your findings to the league, so thank you in advance for your analysis.
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

any thoughts on this?

Postby UFB Commish » Sat May 12, 2007 6:05 pm

I saw it as basically Clemens & Lopez for Saito & Sosa with a few spare parts thrown in on both sides.
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun May 13, 2007 4:51 pm

I guess I'd rather be getting Clemens, but I think there's enough value on the other side of that deal to call it fair.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby RowdyRed » Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Too many players involved to really analyze fairly. I would agree with the above poster that it is basically Sosa & Saito for Clemens & Lopez. I think that's fair.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner