Shawn Hill - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shawn Hill

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shawn Hill

Postby JYarsh381 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm

5 IP, OH, 2BB, 5K--- threw a no hitter before being taken out under caution for elbow stiffness (which is apparently nothing serious).

His ERA is down to 2.70, and his sinker has been really effective in the spacious RFK.

Sleeper or will he fall off?
JYarsh381
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shawn Hill

Postby ctt8410 » Sat May 12, 2007 12:38 am

JYarsh381 wrote:5 IP, OH, 2BB, 5K--- threw a no hitter before being taken out under caution for elbow stiffness (which is apparently nothing serious).

His ERA is down to 2.70, and his sinker has been really effective in the spacious RFK.

nothing serious?

"If he seemed a bit sombre, and the home clubhouse was quiet despite a rare victory, it's because Shawn Hill, Washington's most effective starter this season and Georgetown, Ont., native, said he's "99 per cent sure" he'll go on the disabled list with a sore right elbow that forced him out of the game after five no-hit innings."
ctt8410
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat May 12, 2007 1:06 am

ctt8410 wrote:
JYarsh381 wrote:5 IP, OH, 2BB, 5K--- threw a no hitter before being taken out under caution for elbow stiffness (which is apparently nothing serious).

nothing serious?

"If he seemed a bit sombre, and the home clubhouse was quiet despite a rare victory, it's because Shawn Hill, Washington's most effective starter this season and Georgetown, Ont., native, said he's "99 per cent sure" he'll go on the disabled list with a sore right elbow that forced him out of the game after five no-hit innings."

I'm pretty sure that 1% chance will prevail ;-7

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SendHelp » Sat May 12, 2007 1:32 am

lol... just his pitching elbow? rub some dirt on it :-D
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby George_Foreman » Sat May 12, 2007 2:09 am

Well, considering he's recently coming off TJ surgery, this injury could be a major setback for him.

With that said, he could potentially be a useful guy for his ratios. He doesn't have excellent stuff (high 80s/low 90s FB), but he's got strong ground ball tendencies and excellent infield defense behind him in Washington. Sickels had him pegged as something of a sleeper, provided his control stayed with him. His walk rate thus far indicates that it pretty much has, so while I wouldn't expect very much in Ks (right now he isn't even at 5K/9, and I see no reason to expect improvement) or Ws (he plays for the Naughts :-P ), but he could be a useful guy to eat innings and help out your ratios in deeper or NL-only leauges.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Tue May 15, 2007 11:16 pm

Well now that he is on the DL is anyone holding on to him. In my league the best SP look like Padilla, R.Ortiz, Maholom, Okha, fogg. Im thinking of holding on....anyone else?

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue May 15, 2007 11:31 pm

When I hit the wire poor Shawn is my first piece of trash getting tossed overboard. Enjoyed his last performance but this is business.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby BigKahuna83 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:30 am

How long will he be out? If he will be back soon, I would hold onto him. if able
BigKahuna83
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bwanna » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Shawn is back, starting against Philly tomorrow night. Anyone starting him?
sources wrote:Aug 9 The Washington Post reports Washington Nationals SP Shawn Hill (elbow/shoulder) threw five innings and allowed one run and four hits with no strikeouts or walks Aug. 9 in a rehab start at Triple-A Columbus. He threw 54 pitches, 39 for strikes. Hill has been cleared to make his next major-league start on Aug. 14.

Aug 12 Hill (elbow/shoulder) will be limited to 80 pitches in his first start off the DL on Tuesday against the Phillies, the Nationals' official site reports.
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:32 pm

Bwanna wrote:Shawn is back, starting against Philly tomorrow night. Anyone starting him?
sources wrote:Aug 9 The Washington Post reports Washington Nationals SP Shawn Hill (elbow/shoulder) threw five innings and allowed one run and four hits with no strikeouts or walks Aug. 9 in a rehab start at Triple-A Columbus. He threw 54 pitches, 39 for strikes. Hill has been cleared to make his next major-league start on Aug. 14.

Aug 12 Hill (elbow/shoulder) will be limited to 80 pitches in his first start off the DL on Tuesday against the Phillies, the Nationals' official site reports.

That took a while. I had him on the DL on many teams, but I think I might have dropped him in most leagues. I wouldn't start him against the Phillies, but he is certainly a guy to keep an eye on in deeper leagues. Although you can't count on WAS giving him much run support, Hill still has a couple things going for him: starting half of his games at RFK and being a Canadian. Just look at what "being a Canadian" did to Erik Bedard this year. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers