Pitching motion to end all arm injuries - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pitching motion to end all arm injuries

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pitching motion to end all arm injuries

Postby jetsfan1771 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=j ... &type=lgns

Interesting. It looks legit but I'd like to see a radar gun on it first. It also leaves the pitcher in a horrible fielding position but maybe its the answer. Thoughts?[/quote]
jetsfan1771
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby facts » Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 pm

I'm loving this competition between yahoo sports and espn, they're really stepping up their game with unique stories!
facts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheGNUru » Thu May 10, 2007 9:44 pm

That is pretty cool... I heard Mike Marshall on The Score (chicago sports radio) and he was interesting to say the least. I don't see why the Cubs wouldn't let him tinker with Wood and Prior at this point!
TheGNUru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby statsman88 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:13 pm

TheGNUru wrote:That is pretty cool... I heard Mike Marshall on The Score (chicago sports radio) and he was interesting to say the least. I don't see why the Cubs wouldn't let him tinker with Wood and Prior at this point!

no kidding. If this guy was just some random guy I'd kinda think differently but this is a guy with a PHD and was a pro pitcher, Im thinking this is fairly legit
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 10, 2007 10:14 pm

statsman88 wrote:
TheGNUru wrote:That is pretty cool... I heard Mike Marshall on The Score (chicago sports radio) and he was interesting to say the least. I don't see why the Cubs wouldn't let him tinker with Wood and Prior at this point!

no kidding. If this guy was just some random guy I'd kinda think differently but this is a guy with a PHD and was a pro pitcher, Im thinking this is fairly legit

2 legit 2 quit
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu May 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Not sure because everyone is different. Throwing is not a natural motion to begin with so I can't imagine that the effects from pitching will be the same for everyone.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Thu May 10, 2007 10:40 pm

Bah, I can't get the video to play smooth enough to watch it. :-[

Edit, I sort of got it, at least enough to say that I'm skeptical. It still looks like a ton of strain on the shoulder, but hey, I'm no Ph.D.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby theclefe » Thu May 10, 2007 11:18 pm

I find it very hard to believe that a pitcher with absolutely no leg kick will have the velocity to pitch at a major league level. The motion is all upper body. Though the torso has more torque, it is still putting a lot of stress on the arm. If not taught properly, I think it could be more dangerous than the standard delivery.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Thu May 10, 2007 11:21 pm

Yoda wrote:Not sure because everyone is different. Throwing is not a natural motion to begin with so I can't imagine that the effects from pitching will be the same for everyone.

What is next a guy starting a program teaching guys to throw underhand because that is a more natural motion? The pitching in that movie is very easy to pick up. Speed and accuracy aren't the only things that matter. If a hitter can pick up pitches easily they will hit them no matter how good they are. That guy is just wasting his time spinning his wheels. Getting a PhD is by no means difficult and it doesn't immediately qualify someone as knowing what they are talking about. Those kids are gaining heat on their pitches because he is working them like they do in Japan, not because of his messed up motion.
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers