100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Roy Halladay?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roy Halladay?

Postby converge241 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:52 pm

Something up?

having bad outings and pitch speed has been down as well

not like the jays would not be forthcoming about an injury right? :-o :-o :-o :-o
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ballin4life386 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:54 pm

I dunno man, I am wondering the same thing myself. I have Halladay on one of my top fantasy teams and he has been killing my era his last 2 starts.
Ballin4life386
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby commence8 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:57 pm

I just traded for him a few days ago...concerned...
Will always help in return (leave a link to your question in response)
commence8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrider » Thu May 10, 2007 9:27 pm

I doubt he is injured. This guy is a horse and honestly I think hes just going through a slump. Thats from a Jays fan speaking though.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ballin4life386 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:32 pm

I hope your right man, I really need him to anchor my pitching staff.
Ballin4life386
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:45 pm

I was at the game tonight, and he just looked terrible. I couldn't tell if he was leaving the ball up (I was sitting in the 500 level), but that's what he did last start, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was doing again. I don't recall him having two of these kind of starts in a row ever since he started pitching in the major leagues. I hate to be a pessimist, but an injury is a possible explanation.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Starkmadfan » Thu May 10, 2007 11:12 pm

mweir145 wrote:I was at the game tonight, and he just looked terrible. I couldn't tell if he was leaving the ball up (I was sitting in the 500 level), but that's what he did last start, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was doing again. I don't recall him having two of these kind of starts in a row ever since he started pitching in the major leagues. I hate to be a pessimist, but an injury is a possible explanation.

I keep wondering that too - this is his 2nd bad game in a row - also cannot help but wonder if it was a bad thing that he had to pitch again on that week after he threw for a complete game against Texas.......these complete games/perfect game chances (See Wang) are more trouble than they are worth.
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Knights » Fri May 11, 2007 12:22 am

Another Jays fan here, and I seriously have not seen these type of back-to-back outings from Halladay since before he was sent all the way down to A ball in 2001 I believe it was.

I was watchng the ame on TV trying to watch his pitches to see if there was any sign of an injury but I just couldn't tell. I seriously hope not.

On a personal note though, I hope he turn it around fast because I'm going to be at the stadium for his next start... I would love to see a Halladay gem in person!
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby pepperoncino » Fri May 11, 2007 1:12 am

ugh... very strange, and very bad for my team, for halladay to have two such poor outings in a row. i'm worried.
pepperoncino
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Fri May 11, 2007 9:27 am

mrider wrote:I doubt he is injured. This guy is a horse and honestly I think hes just going through a slump. Thats from a Jays fan speaking though.

A horse? He only had 19 starts in '04 and 21 in '05 before putting a healthy season up last year. This is a guy that has been known to get injured. I really hope he isn't because I really need him in one of my leagues, but I knew that injury was a risk when I drafted him.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates