Ethics decision to make... please help. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ethics decision to make... please help.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ethics decision to make... please help.

Postby sportsaddict » Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 pm

An owner in my league just dropped Anikori Otsuka... However, apparently, he intended to drop another player instead, and made a post 3 minutes after his accidental drop, pleading with the league to let him clear waivers and let him get him back, since it was an accident.

My question is, should he be fair game? I mean, yes, it was not on purpose, but the owner dropped him and should pay for his stupidity... Am I taking the wrong angle? Should we be nice and let him get Otsuka back, or should he be there for the taking?
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lsommerer » Thu May 10, 2007 9:20 pm

Do you really have to ask this question? If he obviously didn't intend to drop him, just find out who he intended to drop and make the switch. I don't know who you use for your league, but it is generally far too easy to highlight the wrong name and hit submit.
lsommerer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby toledomudhens » Thu May 10, 2007 9:48 pm

totally agree.... i myself had one of thse screw ups this year and the league saw that i had made a mistake and gave me back my player, sometimes people are in a little bit of a rush(the wife is yelling in the background)or you have to get your ass to work. mistakes happen to everybody, give him back the player.someday you'll make a mistake and you'll need the favor returned back... ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 196)

Postby Azzurri17 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:36 pm

Definetely give the player back. It was clearly an accident. In the long run, your league will be better for it.
Azzurri17
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ABA316 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Give him the player..THIS TIME.

Not sure what host you use but I know Yahoo, ESPN, and TQ all will allow commish to replace the player without a waiver pick ASAP.

Let the commish educate owner that this is his one mulligan..and won't happen again.

Fair enough.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner