BJ Ryan has Tommy John surgery, out for season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

BJ Ryan has Tommy John surgery, out for season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby converge241 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 pm

I feel bad for the people on here who were tlaking about or advising to pick him up or trade cheap for him..this seemed very likely :-t
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OdeToNo1 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:39 pm

I know he sucks, but I'm regretting dropping Frasor now...and I did it yesterday...ugh.
OdeToNo1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BUCCOFAN » Thu May 10, 2007 4:54 pm

OdeToNo1 wrote:I know he sucks, but I'm regretting dropping Frasor now...and I did it yesterday...ugh.

Don't regret it, He is finished. (Frasor) for the time being, no confidence, I really think they are going to go with Accardo, He has been the best arm in the Bullpen all season.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby mrider » Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 pm

rawhide wrote:Good point mrider. Sucks for me as an owner as well (and I liked making BJ jokes too!)
But if you are a Jays fan, why the Yankees logo?

I made a bet. Its about time I got rid of it though.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:28 pm

mrider wrote:What makes me mad as a Jays fan about this situation is that Jp knew about this and didn't sure up the pen. I don't care that he lied about it just he didn't do anything about it.

What did you want him to do? There really aren't any closers sitting around in FA. You can't replace BJ Ryan, he was one of the best closers in the league last season.

A trade could happen eventually, but that would only happen if this team moves into somewhere near contention and becomes a buyer.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mrider » Thu May 10, 2007 5:38 pm

mweir145 wrote:
mrider wrote:What makes me mad as a Jays fan about this situation is that Jp knew about this and didn't sure up the pen. I don't care that he lied about it just he didn't do anything about it.

What did you want him to do? There really aren't any closers sitting around in FA. You can't replace BJ Ryan, he was one of the best closers in the league last season.

A trade could happen eventually, but that would only happen if this team moves into somewhere near contention and becomes a buyer.

Not every RP is a closer. I said sure up the pen. What I meant by that was that they get some quality arms in the pen. Sure we would still have a problem in the last inning. But we are lacking decent arms in the pen. Like seriously Brian Tallet that guy stanks. We could of improved the pen without getting a proven closer.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby foeplay » Thu May 10, 2007 7:11 pm

I didn't have him on my team but what a sad, sad loss for us. He's never going to be the same and he cost a boatload of money!

/sad jays fan :,-(
foeplay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rails80 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:47 pm

To those Jays fan with knowledge - is it a closer by committee now? Feat Accardo, Downs, possibly Janssen?

I had Frasor when Ryan first went down, recently dropped him for Accardo figuring he'd the guy to close out games for TOR...now I'm hearing 3 different names...any ideas? I'm hurting for saves in my league, but I don't want to own 2 guys who might get me one or two saves a week...
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 257)

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu May 10, 2007 8:42 pm

rails80 wrote:To those Jays fan with knowledge - is it a closer by committee now? Feat Accardo, Downs, possibly Janssen?

I had Frasor when Ryan first went down, recently dropped him for Accardo figuring he'd the guy to close out games for TOR...now I'm hearing 3 different names...any ideas? I'm hurting for saves in my league, but I don't want to own 2 guys who might get me one or two saves a week...

Stick with what you have. Accardo is the best option among all the candidates to do something good for you.

Even if other guys might vulture a save somewhere, you really don't want more than one guy from this bullpen on your roster.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rails80 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 pm

[/quote]
Stick with what you have. Accardo is the best option among all the candidates to do something good for you.

Even if other guys might vulture a save somewhere, you really don't want more than one guy from this bullpen on your roster.[/quote]

Right along what I was thinking. It seems like it's going to be a LHP/RHP thing for the Jays. Maybe I can move Accardo after he picks up a save or two...
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 257)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates