When Dotel comes back.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

When Dotel comes back....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SendHelp » Tue May 15, 2007 3:06 pm

smoothcats13 wrote:
SweetAurillia wrote:As a Dotel owner I sure hope he gets traded. Any team other than the nationals should yield more save ops for him.

Don't you think that he'll get traded to a team looking for a solid set-up man? I imagine it would be some team with a weak pen, but a decent closer. I could see St. Louis, or someone like them acquiring Dotel. I'm gonna try to sell high on him once he looks good.

that's a real good point. a trade will likely end up hurting his value.
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bozo » Tue May 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Yeah, I would think that once Dotel proves he's healthy he'll probably be dealt and Soria will reenter the picture. I'm still hoping that the young Braun kid (currently closing down at Omaha) will pitch his way back into the Royals plans as the future closer. I bought him cheap and have him stashed away on my reserve list in a keeper draft. Hopefully next year for him.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 30)

Postby ctt8410 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:12 am

Dotel started for Wichita against Tulsa last night. He threw 12 pitches and gave up 1 run and 2 singles in 1 inning with no walks and no strikeouts.
ctt8410
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bartjones » Thu May 17, 2007 12:38 am

Dotel started for Wichita against Tulsa last night. He threw 12 pitches and gave up 1 run and 2 singles in 1 inning with no walks and no strikeouts.

thanx for the heads up
bartjones
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby scott1360 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:15 pm

any updates? I heard he was supposed to throw an inning tonight with Witchita
scott1360
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat May 19, 2007 2:27 pm

converge241 wrote:KC will trade him though if he looks good

1 year deal and all could get a prospect back or 2 for a contender if he looks strong then let Soria close again

I agree with this statement.KC would have more to gain by getting rid of him,and getting a decent prospect in return.KC isn't going to be in the play-offs.

Will KC EVER be good again ???? They have alot of very good young players.Kc will be a contender in 2-3 years,but by then,the Yankees and Red Sox,along with a few other teams will own all of their Studs.They have such a small market,they have NO chance on keeping thier up and coming Studs.
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SendHelp » Sat May 19, 2007 2:57 pm

Crystalstorm wrote: Will KC EVER be good again ????

no.
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Shock Wave » Sat May 19, 2007 3:30 pm

From KFFL:

May 19 Conor Nicholl, of KansasCity.Royals.MLB.com, reports Kansas City Royals manager Buddy Bell said the team has still not decided what CL Octavio Dotel's (oblque) role will be when he returns. Dotel is expected to rejoin the team Tuesday, May 22. Bell said, "I don't know what we are going to do. We are going to talk about that here in Colorado. You don't necessarily want your closer to not be available and because of his injuries, we are not sure about how to deal with it right now. We have a couple more days to think about it and I am really not sure which way we are going to go. I am kind of 50-50 on it, but we will see."

I have a feeling he will be closing, perhaps not right away but soon after he comes back.
Shock Wave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rotundor » Sat May 19, 2007 6:21 pm

Shock Wave wrote:From KFFL:

May 19 Conor Nicholl, of KansasCity.Royals.MLB.com, reports Kansas City Royals manager Buddy Bell said the team has still not decided what CL Octavio Dotel's (oblque) role will be when he returns. Dotel is expected to rejoin the team Tuesday, May 22. Bell said, "I don't know what we are going to do. We are going to talk about that here in Colorado. You don't necessarily want your closer to not be available and because of his injuries, we are not sure about how to deal with it right now. We have a couple more days to think about it and I am really not sure which way we are going to go. I am kind of 50-50 on it, but we will see."

I have a feeling he will be closing, perhaps not right away but soon after he comes back.

just pick up soria if he's available and hedge your bets
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigMak » Sat May 19, 2007 6:34 pm

Rotundor wrote:
Shock Wave wrote:From KFFL:

just pick up soria if he's available and hedge your bets

If you are that desperate for a closer then trade for one. I own Dotel. No way would I waste two roster spots for a closer on the Kansas City Royals.
BigMak
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates