Minimium Innings Pitched, what does your leagueuse?(argument - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Minimium Innings Pitched, what does your leagueuse?(argument

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Minimium Innings Pitched, what does your leagueuse?(argument

Postby 2119 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:38 pm

CBS doesnt let you set that option, we are having an argument in our league on what to set the minimium innings at. Im trying to get responses from the most amount of people I can.

Its H2H, 14 teams, I say 40 innings per week.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prricci » Thu May 10, 2007 4:34 pm

My league is 25innings. I would say anywhere between 25-35 innings is sufficient. 40 innings is a bit much. It does take away from players ability to have RP if you set it so high. If you have a holds cat and saves cat then it becomes tougher
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pack83 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:24 pm

We use 20. That's probably a touch to low. 25 would probably be a bit better.
"I've seen that there is evil, I know that there is good and the inbetweens I've never understood."
Pack83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby shawngee03 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:46 pm

i play in two leagues every year...one w 20 and one w 40. they are played very differently, but both work. the one w 40 has 10 total pitching spots to fill and 6 total BN spots, so getting 40 is not a problem. but i have seen managers not get this many due to weather delays and injuries where he couldnt get enough SP in there.
but i feel 20 is too little, as many managers(myself included) are able to stop pitching SP halfway through a week. w 20, if you get 2 good starts early and have active RPs tehn you dont have to pitch over the weekend.

next year i think ill try and push teh 20 league to make it 30. i feel 30 will be a good value
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RowdyRed » Mon May 14, 2007 9:43 pm

We used 20 last year, and are up to 30 this year. It's pretty easy to get to, but makes it so most people have to pitch late in the week.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner