Dale Jr. leaves DEI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dale Jr. leaves DEI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:15 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic


I'm not a big fan but there was a thing in an ESPN magazine sometime maybe a year ago or so that listed NASCAR races (maybe it was a 500 mile one, I don't recall that much...) as the most workout of any sport there is. It is definitely a different sort of athleticism but those guys are in pretty decent shape and have pretty amazing powers of concentration I think...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby SniperShot » Thu May 10, 2007 10:16 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
You obviously have never been in a car at 175 MPH pulling about 3 G's through the corner. This is on 1 lap mind you. Now do it for 400, in the heat, with the car engine mere feet from your seat for 4 hours.

I felt freaking exhausted after my 3 laps, and I wasn't even driving.
o ok dude git r done
Hmm, I don't lower myself to those levels. I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion here and, I guess it's falling upon deaf ears. :*)
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 361
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:25 pm

SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
You obviously have never been in a car at 175 MPH pulling about 3 G's through the corner. This is on 1 lap mind you. Now do it for 400, in the heat, with the car engine mere feet from your seat for 4 hours.

I felt freaking exhausted after my 3 laps, and I wasn't even driving.
o ok dude git r done
Hmm, I don't lower myself to those levels. I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion here and, I guess it's falling upon deaf ears. :*)


Sports are something that requires skill. And yes not crashing a car is skill, but just about everyone drives cars. How many can dunk a basketball? Tackle a blazing fast 220 pound running back? Hit a 95+ mph fastball? or hell even kick a soccer ball into a net with 10 other guys all over you?

There is no reason whatsoever driving in a circle fits into this category. Just my "unintelligent" opinion I suppose. But I find driving in circles as an insult to be put into the same category as hitting a 95 mph fastball.
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1790
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the Golf Course

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:26 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=3100068

Oh and yes in what sport do you pummel somebody with beer as they achieve a milestone and break records?
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1790
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the Golf Course

Postby Mugrila » Thu May 10, 2007 10:31 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=3100068

Oh and yes in what sport do you pummel somebody with beer as they achieve a milestone and break records?


What sport do you throw syringes at one of the greatest hitters of all time who's about to break a record? Hmm...
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 10, 2007 11:48 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks


You are ignorant. And I'll leave it at that.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 11, 2007 12:23 am

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
You obviously have never been in a car at 175 MPH pulling about 3 G's through the corner. This is on 1 lap mind you. Now do it for 400, in the heat, with the car engine mere feet from your seat for 4 hours.

I felt freaking exhausted after my 3 laps, and I wasn't even driving.
o ok dude git r done
Hmm, I don't lower myself to those levels. I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion here and, I guess it's falling upon deaf ears. :*)


Sports are something that requires skill. And yes not crashing a car is skill, but just about everyone drives cars. How many can dunk a basketball? Tackle a blazing fast 220 pound running back? Hit a 95+ mph fastball? or hell even kick a soccer ball into a net with 10 other guys all over you?

There is no reason whatsoever driving in a circle fits into this category. Just my "unintelligent" opinion I suppose. But I find driving in circles as an insult to be put into the same category as hitting a 95 mph fastball.


That's why this is in the GT section. ;-)
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Madison » Fri May 11, 2007 1:05 am

Lofunzo wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
You obviously have never been in a car at 175 MPH pulling about 3 G's through the corner. This is on 1 lap mind you. Now do it for 400, in the heat, with the car engine mere feet from your seat for 4 hours.

I felt freaking exhausted after my 3 laps, and I wasn't even driving.
o ok dude git r done
Hmm, I don't lower myself to those levels. I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion here and, I guess it's falling upon deaf ears. :*)


Sports are something that requires skill. And yes not crashing a car is skill, but just about everyone drives cars. How many can dunk a basketball? Tackle a blazing fast 220 pound running back? Hit a 95+ mph fastball? or hell even kick a soccer ball into a net with 10 other guys all over you?

There is no reason whatsoever driving in a circle fits into this category. Just my "unintelligent" opinion I suppose. But I find driving in circles as an insult to be put into the same category as hitting a 95 mph fastball.


That's why this is in the GT section. ;-)


One could make the argument that we have a racing forum. O:-)

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri May 11, 2007 8:19 am

Big Pimpin wrote:Anyway, I haven't been disappointed at all, and I'm a #8 fan tried and true. But that's just me. :-D




Sorry to hear that. You better find a new number to root for as Teresa owns the rights to the #8 not Jr. or Budweiser. Jr. could possibly buy the rights to the number from her, but if they are parting on bad terms, I don't think she sells it for anything. As far as rumors go, the latest one around here is that we see Jr. in a Yates Ford before this season is over. :-°
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:48 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Anyway, I haven't been disappointed at all, and I'm a #8 fan tried and true. But that's just me. :-D




Sorry to hear that. You better find a new number to root for as Teresa owns the rights to the #8 not Jr. or Budweiser. Jr. could possibly buy the rights to the number from her, but if they are parting on bad terms, I don't think she sells it for anything. As far as rumors go, the latest one around here is that we see Jr. in a Yates Ford before this season is over. :-°


If she plays hardball, he should be .8 and put a middle finger on the trunk...heh heh heh...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact