Dale Jr. leaves DEI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dale Jr. leaves DEI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:I might change gas stations. Who cares about where someone else drives.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say only several million people care. Unfortunately it looks like there are only about 4 of them that frequent the Cafe. :-b

Lo, you make good points. I guess the thing I get flustered about is people who just go "NASCAR sucks" without ever giving it a chance. To me, it's sort of like chess at 200 mph with the occasional wreck thrown in for good measure. I love it. But if your only exposure to it is the thirty seconds it was on the screen while you were flipping past FOX, there's no chance you'll appreciate it.

Oh well. :-b

Actually, I play in a Sunday 9-ball league and there are a bunch of guys that love to watch it. I check it out from time to time but it never gets me going. I'd rather be watching the hockey game. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I never really got into cars.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 10, 2007 5:47 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Lo, you make good points. I guess the thing I get flustered about is people who just go "NASCAR sucks" without ever giving it a chance. To me, it's sort of like chess at 200 mph with the occasional wreck thrown in for good measure. I love it. But if your only exposure to it is the thirty seconds it was on the screen while you were flipping past FOX, there's no chance you'll appreciate it.

I've given it a chance (if you live around here you're inundated with it so I have no choice really :-S), I really have, it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I should try again, but I only flip past it on TV because I have tried watching it and I'm numb after about 4 laps. O:-)

I can respect that you don't like it. It's certainly not going to be for everyone. Nothing is. I just get frustrated by "It's a bunch of stupid hicks that can't speak English who just drive in circles all day" but have never actually watched a race. You haven't stooped to that level. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 10, 2007 5:48 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Actually, I play in a Sunday 9-ball league and there are a bunch of guys that love to watch it. I check it out from time to time but it never gets me going. I'd rather be watching the hockey game. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I never really got into cars.

Ah, so you must be part Canuck then. I can't expect you to have good taste if that's the case. ;-)

:-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Thu May 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Good to see I'm not the only NASCAR fan here. :-o

Back to Junior. I hope he brings JR Motorsports to NASCAR within the next five years or so.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 pm

I like Dale Jr. as a guy, but as a racer this is going to be interesting. It's no secret that he has basically sucked the last few years, at least in regards to how much is expected of him. Now, if he goes to top notch team (like RCR or HMS) then he has absolutely no excuse for not performing. I hope he does go, and do well...but something tells me he'll go and continue being a disappointment. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 10, 2007 7:04 pm

slomo007 wrote:I like Dale Jr. as a guy, but as a racer this is going to be interesting. It's no secret that he has basically sucked the last few years, at least in regards to how much is expected of him. Now, if he goes to top notch team (like RCR or HMS) then he has absolutely no excuse for not performing. I hope he does go, and do well...but something tells me he'll go and continue being a disappointment. :-o

I don't know, as a fan I haven't been disappointed. I've been frustrated by how many times he's been snakebit (e.g. leading Talladega with 1/2 lap to go when he gets wrecked, blowing up, getting caught a lap down with a great car because he short pitted, etc.). But the performance has been pretty good.

Heck, so far this year he got caught in somebody else's wreck, lost an engine, made a bonehead mistake pitting when pit road was closed, was dominant at Texas until he got rammed. He's had several mistakes and 3 DNFs through 10 races and he's still 12th in the points. I've been pleased at how competitive he's been. Anyway, I haven't been disappointed at all, and I'm a #8 fan tried and true. But that's just me. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 10, 2007 7:05 pm

slomo007 wrote:I like Dale Jr. as a guy

:-b

What can I say, I'm immature
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:56 pm

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SniperShot » Thu May 10, 2007 10:03 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
You obviously have never been in a car at 175 MPH pulling about 3 G's through the corner. This is on 1 lap mind you. Now do it for 400, in the heat, with the car engine mere feet from your seat for 4 hours.

I felt freaking exhausted after my 3 laps, and I wasn't even driving.
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:05 pm

SniperShot wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
You obviously have never been in a car at 175 MPH pulling about 3 G's through the corner. This is on 1 lap mind you. Now do it for 400, in the heat, with the car engine mere feet from your seat for 4 hours.

I felt freaking exhausted after my 3 laps, and I wasn't even driving.
o ok dude git r done
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu