Billingsley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Billingsley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billingsley

Postby Nocarbs » Thu May 10, 2007 10:53 am

sounds like he could be back in the rotation soon.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/ ... sp&c_id=la
Nocarbs
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nocarbs » Mon May 21, 2007 9:38 pm

or not :~(
Nocarbs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon May 21, 2007 11:16 pm

I think he will be at some point. He should have been in the rotation out of ST but for some reason they went in another direction. I don't really see Henrickson or Tomko lasting the season in the rotation
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DbacksRback » Mon May 21, 2007 11:17 pm

where is he at, he hasnt pitched at all lately i think last time was the 19th and then the 14 before that. whats up?

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby NittanyLions1 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:05 am

Well Tomko gave up 5 runs in 5 and 1/3 innings tonight including two long bombs. Looks like he continues to make his way out of the rotation.

...only problem is Billingsley relieved him and gave up 3 runs of his own in 2/3rds of an inning. SUCKS cause I picked him up a bit ago hoping he would take over. Still, Grady may overlook this outing and put him in the rotation soon anyway I would think. Thoughts?
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue May 22, 2007 3:33 pm

I also got stuck with that mess last night. Billingsly didn't have his good stuff, for sure, but he also got bit by a bloop single that would have ended the inning. He also got both his outs by K.

Bills didn't improve his changes of getting into the rotation with that performance, but I don't think he hurt them much either. Tomko got into the jam to begin with and Bills was called in to mop up the mess. That's not what starters do.

Bottom line: as I said above, I have no idea why Bills was not in the rotation out of ST. He was a highly-hyped prospect who finished up 2006 strongly, he had a strong ST in 2007 and . . . he got bumped from the rotation in favor of such fearsome studs as Henrickson and Tomko. Madness.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheRaven » Wed May 23, 2007 3:41 pm

[quote=Rotoworld]The Dodgers are looking at adding Chad Billingsley to their rotation the next time they need an extra starter.

Billingsley, who has been much better out of the bullpen lately, projects to be a starter during his career. "We're all confident that he's going to be a good starter here for the Los Angeles Dodgers for a long time," manager Grady Little said. The Dodgers will likely send him to Triple-A Las Vegas to work on building arm strength to convert from the bullpen to the rotation in the next few weeks.[/Quote]

My advice is to grab him now and not wait until he is ready. I just dropped OF C.Young since he is my 5th OF currently and is battling a groin problem.
TheRaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates