Help I can't like Zelda games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Help I can't like Zelda games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help I can't like Zelda games

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Tell me what these games are about. I just can't seem to play them for more then 15 minutes. And during that time I usually don't do anything

Everyone loves them and I really wanna get into Ocarina of Time.

Advice? Suggestions? ETC>

Thanks! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 09, 2007 5:07 pm

The one for SNES (Link to the Past) is one of the best games ever IMO. I'm not sure what's so appealing about them, I just really like them. I agree you have no idea what you're supposed to do, so I admit I look at online guides to get me going in the right direction.

From what I've heard OoT is one of, if not the, best game of the series and now that I found out you can use a controller with Project 64 (thanks ;-D ) I'm gonna try and get into it as well.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 5:23 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The one for SNES (Link to the Past) is one of the best games ever IMO. I'm not sure what's so appealing about them, I just really like them. I agree you have no idea what you're supposed to do, so I admit I look at online guides to get me going in the right direction.

From what I've heard OoT is one of, if not the, best game of the series and now that I found out you can use a controller with Project 64 (thanks ;-D ) I'm gonna try and get into it as well.


Ha you didn't know that!! Thats funny. yea you can. I recommend the one i got. The logitech rumblepad2. You can map your own buttons etc.

Its pretty sweet cause that controller has more buttons then the Nintendo pad did ;-D

Oh and the rumble works on some games ;-D ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Mugrila » Wed May 09, 2007 7:58 pm

I don't know what it is about Zelda, but I can't get enough. I rarely play video games and when I do it's mostly an MLB game or Madden, but OoT just got me hooked. Maybe it's because you actually have to use your brain to solve some of the stuff and not just stand there shooting like some other games. If you've only played 15 mins. you couldn't have really gotten into it; the first parts are kind of basic since you don't have any of the items.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 9:33 pm

Mugrila wrote:I don't know what it is about Zelda, but I can't get enough. I rarely play video games and when I do it's mostly an MLB game or Madden, but OoT just got me hooked. Maybe it's because you actually have to use your brain to solve some of the stuff and not just stand there shooting like some other games. If you've only played 15 mins. you couldn't have really gotten into it; the first parts are kind of basic since you don't have any of the items.


The begging part I just left the "Village" some guy wouldn't let me go see the tree because I don't have a shield and sword. So I went through some tunnel and thats where I am now

I think I can get into it. I'm gonna try ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 09, 2007 9:48 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I don't know what it is about Zelda, but I can't get enough. I rarely play video games and when I do it's mostly an MLB game or Madden, but OoT just got me hooked. Maybe it's because you actually have to use your brain to solve some of the stuff and not just stand there shooting like some other games. If you've only played 15 mins. you couldn't have really gotten into it; the first parts are kind of basic since you don't have any of the items.


The begging part I just left the "Village" some guy wouldn't let me go see the tree because I don't have a shield and sword. So I went through some tunnel and thats where I am now

I think I can get into it. I'm gonna try ;-D

I know you get the sword by going into a tunnel. I then found some place called the "Lost Forest" which is where I think the shield is but an error came up when I tried to go into one of the parts of the forest.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 10, 2007 12:05 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I don't know what it is about Zelda, but I can't get enough. I rarely play video games and when I do it's mostly an MLB game or Madden, but OoT just got me hooked. Maybe it's because you actually have to use your brain to solve some of the stuff and not just stand there shooting like some other games. If you've only played 15 mins. you couldn't have really gotten into it; the first parts are kind of basic since you don't have any of the items.


The begging part I just left the "Village" some guy wouldn't let me go see the tree because I don't have a shield and sword. So I went through some tunnel and thats where I am now

I think I can get into it. I'm gonna try ;-D

I know you get the sword by going into a tunnel. I then found some place called the "Lost Forest" which is where I think the shield is but an error came up when I tried to go into one of the parts of the forest.


Hopefully I don't get that error!!

Actually I played it for 2 hours yesterday and the game rocks!!

Ocarina that is...I bought a shield and found the sword and then beat the Deku Tree dungeon

Its a sweet game and looks awesome with the advanced setting on the emulator taking off the jaggies and cleaning up the graphics ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Simulacrum » Fri May 18, 2007 5:00 pm

How you doing on this game, acs? Hope you didn't give up....

acs told me he's playing the "Master's Quest" version of OoT, which means the dungeons are different, more difficult, and a little bizarre.

Hope you're sticking with it. ;-D

I think part of the appeal of the Zelda games is that they're not totally linear, there's tons of side quests to work on. If you want to gather items, heart containers, or perform favors for people instead of hacking your way right through the dungeons you can. The puzzle-filled dungeons are always fun too. And the weapons like the hookshot, bow & arrow etc. are cool to use.
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby Steelers Rule » Thu May 31, 2007 6:40 pm

The only one I ever play was the legend of zelda and I loved that game :-D
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4636
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:41 am

Simulacrum wrote:How you doing on this game, acs? Hope you didn't give up....

acs told me he's playing the "Master's Quest" version of OoT, which means the dungeons are different, more difficult, and a little bizarre.

Hope you're sticking with it. ;-D

I think part of the appeal of the Zelda games is that they're not totally linear, there's tons of side quests to work on. If you want to gather items, heart containers, or perform favors for people instead of hacking your way right through the dungeons you can. The puzzle-filled dungeons are always fun too. And the weapons like the hookshot, bow & arrow etc. are cool to use.


Doing pretty good. I had to use the walkthrough a few times. I'm in Dorongo's dungeon or whatever. I hate side quests so I never do them...But the game is lots of fun...just need more time to play ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Next

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact