Billy Butler 1B? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Butler 1B?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dundeeslugger » Mon May 14, 2007 10:23 pm

soty wrote:Yeah its starting to get old. If I wasnt in a keeper I probably would have dropped him by now. Any KC fans know what the deal is? Is this going to be a regular thing?

Who knows. Name me one MLB manager that does things that make any sense.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soty » Mon May 14, 2007 10:31 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:
soty wrote:Yeah its starting to get old. If I wasnt in a keeper I probably would have dropped him by now. Any KC fans know what the deal is? Is this going to be a regular thing?

Who knows. Name me one MLB manager that does things that make any sense.
Very true.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby Dcon » Tue May 15, 2007 9:56 am

sounds like Butler is going to be sent back down.
Dcon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue May 15, 2007 9:59 am

Seems to me like Alex Gordon should be the one sent back down, he's had a harder time making the adjustment with the bat. Don't they have another younger guy batting about a buck-fifty, too?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 am

dundeeslugger wrote:Butler will not play 1st base. Sweeney and Gordan are going to be switching off there.

More then likely you will see Butler sit 2-3 games a week when Sweeney can't play 1st.

The Royals knew Butler sucked in the field, yet the called him up saying they would live with his mistakes to get him int he lineup. Well that obviously wasn't the case.

I've tried to stay away from this thread because it makes me sick to my stomach!!! Either play him here or send him down to AAA and play him there!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what they are doing with him, its unbelievable they are just letting him rot on the bench.

As to the quote above....Butler will see plenty of time at 1B, whether thats here or in AAA. Once Shealy comes back, which will probably be sometime this weekend, Butler will probably be sent back down to AAA. You definately won't see Butler in OF again more than likely....he'll be 1B/DH from here on out I'd say. I have no idea what the hell they are doing with Gordon at 1B??? Can we screw around with guys more please?? Unbelievable!!

:~(
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby soty » Tue May 15, 2007 10:12 am

I hear ya. If he gets sent down I am going to have to drop him for someone else. It sucks to have to do that since I am in a keeper, but with my other OFs not producing (Manny, Abreu, Drew, Baldelli, Markakis, Hamilton) it pretty much leaves me no choice. My gut was to stay away from this guy and I should have listened to it. :-[
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby soty » Tue May 15, 2007 10:25 am

From Rotoworld: (5/12)

Billy Butler was out of the lineup Monday for the third time in four games and could be headed back to Triple-A once Ryan Shealy (hamstring) returns from the disabled list.

Butler is in a 2-for-21 slump after getting off to a fast start and would be better served playing every day. "Once some people get off of the disabled list, we’ll just have to reevaluate," general manager Dayton Moore said. "Who knows? Everybody feels that Billy Butler is capable of being a productive hitter for us. But our roster is what it is."
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers