Billy Butler 1B? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Butler 1B?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billy Butler 1B?

Postby soty » Wed May 09, 2007 1:13 pm

I noticed that he has played at 1B. Any idea of if/ when he will be eligible at 1B for Yahoo?
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Billy Butler 1B?

Postby J35J » Wed May 09, 2007 1:27 pm

soty wrote:I noticed that he has played at 1B. Any idea of if/ when he will be eligible at 1B for Yahoo?

Probably sooner rather than later because he hasn't shown any glimpse of improvement in the OF. He's made 5 mistakes/errors/bad routes in 7 days of being up. He makes probably half of this cafe look like legit MLB OFers......seriously! He's destined for 1B/DH in the very short future!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 09, 2007 1:28 pm

J35J wrote:
soty wrote:I noticed that he has played at 1B. Any idea of if/ when he will be eligible at 1B for Yahoo?

Probably sooner rather than later because he hasn't shown any glimpse of improvement in the OF. He's made 5 mistakes/errors/bad routes in 7 days of being up. He makes probably half of this cafe look like legit MLB OFers......seriously! He's destined for 1B/DH in the very short future!!

Nice maybee I can pick him up for Howard when Howard goes on the DL
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby soty » Wed May 09, 2007 1:34 pm

J35J wrote:

Thanks. That is awesome because I could really use another 1B/ CI option. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed May 09, 2007 1:37 pm

J35J wrote:

yes, but will he be able to beat out Ross Gload... (;-7, but i'm half-serious...isn't Gload getting the lion's share at 1b, or am i wrong about that?)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby J35J » Wed May 09, 2007 1:40 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:
J35J wrote:

yes, but will he be able to beat out Ross Gload... (;-7, but i'm half-serious...isn't Gload getting the lion's share at 1b, or am i wrong about that?)

Gload is pretty much anywhere they need him. Gload won't be holding anyone back. It will be tougher to unseat Shealy when he gets back. The way Buddy Bell likes to play everyone everywhere and to give everyone days off like every 3 or 4 days I'm sure Butler will find plenty of opportunities to get 1B eligibility. Gawd I hate the Royals!!! :~(
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 09, 2007 1:58 pm

J35J wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:
J35J wrote:

Gload is pretty much anywhere they need him. Gload won't be holding anyone back. It will be tougher to unseat Shealy when he gets back. The way Buddy Bell likes to play everyone everywhere and to give everyone days off like every 3 or 4 days I'm sure Butler will find plenty of opportunities to get 1B eligibility. Gawd I hate the Royals!!! :~(

Buddy is trying to break the record for the most lineup in a year.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby George_Foreman » Wed May 09, 2007 2:15 pm

His long-term position is not going to be at 1B with Shealy coming back. If the OF doesn't work out, he'll be relegated to the DH role a la Travis Hafner rather than moved to the infield.

I'd be rather surprised if he got the 5 necessary appearances (starts?) at first to satisfy the Yahoo! requirement.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Wed May 09, 2007 2:26 pm

George_Foreman wrote:His long-term position is not going to be at 1B with Shealy coming back. If the OF doesn't work out, he'll be relegated to the DH role a la Travis Hafner rather than moved to the infield.

I'd be rather surprised if he got the 5 necessary appearances (starts?) at first to satisfy the Yahoo! requirement.

It shouldn't be hard to get 5 starts at 1B. Hell, any chance they get to stick Sweeney back out there they will do it. There will be plenty of days where Sweeney will get a day off and they will put Shealy at DH to give Butler some PT at 1B.....its pretty much a given. The 7 games they have run Butler out there in LF is 7 more games than just about everyone other team would give him. Hell, they have thrown LaRue at 3B already this year.....Gordon at SS....Pena at 2B....they continue to run Brown anywhere in the OF...... :-°
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Thank god. I'm log jammed at OF in my AL Only and Butler has been on the bench. Now I can dump Hillenbrand. :-P
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers