Delgado - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Delgado

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delgado

Postby nws55 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:34 pm

Since there is no sign of him breaking out of his terrible slump, what do people think his projected numbers should be, and is it just a slump or is it finally his age showing.
nws55
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Look I am in the same unfortunate situation as you are...I am sure there will be occasional spurts or teasers for a game now and then...but Delgado is just lame...he isnt even hitting the ball hard when he grounds out. He never really hit for a good average and now it has dipped down below acceptability. He is just plain terrible....think of all the numbers you are losing each week waiting for him to break out of this....do you really think he is going to pay you back with interest when he heats up. I am really considering another Carlos on the waiver wire....which is Pena...the knock on him is his poor batting average...which right now is at around .260 about 60 points higher than Delgado.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gmoney973 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:03 am

wasnt pena only hitting .001 better than delgado before his 4-4 tonight?
gmoney973
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Garry26 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:21 am

Someone offered him to me weeks ago. Even though I have Morneau and Texiera. The desperate fool....

This is one of those tough situations. Like Bonds when he started stinking it up a couple of years back.
He's stinking it up
But he's BONDS
But hes horrible
But hes BONDS
I should drop him
But hes BONDS....

The name. The rep. The fact that he was a Rnd 4-7 pick. The hope he picks it up. The fear he tears it up after you drop him. Knowing he will get picked up emmediately. Its a real pain.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 92)

Postby noles1 » Wed May 09, 2007 5:43 pm

Delgado so far today, 2-4, Double, HR, 2 RBI, 1 Run

Maybe he is out of his slump. That would be great if so. Just picked him up for free after someone dropped him yesterday. I had the 10th waiver pick out of 10 teams as well.
noles1 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kuji » Wed May 09, 2007 9:13 pm

That's just like Delgado. Flirts us into starting him with an awesome night and then goes 4 straight games doing absolutely nothing!
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mashug » Wed May 09, 2007 9:21 pm

noles1 wrote:Delgado so far today, 2-4, Double, HR, 2 RBI, 1 Run

Maybe he is out of his slump. That would be great if so. Just picked him up for free after someone dropped him yesterday. I had the 10th waiver pick out of 10 teams as well.

That is completely insane. it's bad enough that he was available, but that 9 losers stood around and watched you pick him up. Good for you. I traded Taveras for him 2 days ago. When the year's over, we'll both be happy we got him.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Wed May 09, 2007 11:51 pm

"He never really hit for a good average and now it has dipped down below acceptability." Curious statement since he's a career .281 hitter and hit .301 the season before coming to NY. Granted .281 isn't a world beater type BA... but considering it usually comes with 30 + HR's and 100 + RBI's most owners I think usually would live with that. I'm a Delgado owner as well. I don't expect him to hit .300... but I also don't expect him to finish the season at .214 like he is currently hitting. I think reasonably he could hit .270-.280 for the season. I think the pop will come in streaks as it usually does with Delgado and he could finish in the 30-35 HR ballpark. As for cutting him... that seems slightly ridiculous since his numbers were very good in terms of power and RBI's as recently as last year. I'd advocate waiting until he heats up (which he will) and maximizing trade value at that point.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates