Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BucksRule » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:20 pm

Sandbox Plus is awesome.But I can see why people were ticked off before they went to pay.I came very close to leaving during the peak usage fiasco.I really like the site now though.A variety of games for a very low monthly price.And its nice to be here BTW.This looks like an awesome forum ya got going.Hopefully I can contribute some. :-) :-°
BucksRule
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:53 pm

If you have not spent money on sandboxplus feel lucky. I bought an annual membership that started 6-28-03 and last till 6-28-04. I just found out that they are not going to let me get a sbx baseball league or a regular baseball league because my annual payment is up in the middle of the season. I would have to extend my contract till the end of baseball season or they will not let me play. Guess it does not do any good to have a contract. Supposedly you are supposed to play all sandboxplus games with this annual fee, guess that is not true. Dont waste your money unless you want to be disappointed.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby TheRock » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:38 pm

Sandbox was my first fantasy sports site. Football '99 I believe. Very easy to use & intuitive, I played baseball and football there for what, 3 years? Right up to the peak usage fiasco. Even at that point I was quite angry with the lack of customer service and condescending attitude, and am I the only one that got absolutely bombarded with SPAM? Worst mistake of my life was registering at Sandbox with my company e-mail address. Little did I know only a few weeks later my inbox would be flooded with ~200 messages a day. Everyone in my league was getting the same crap. Fortunately we installed a pretty damn good spam filter at work or I'd still be getting that Sandbox generated crap I'm sure. Thank you once again for selling us down the river Sandbox. :-t

And I agree with what others have noticed, there seems to be a creepy cult-like allegiance to the site from some very vocal group of people who congregate anywhere there's any kind of criticism of Sandbox. Happened even DURING the peak usage crisis. 95% of the message board was giving Sandbox the bird, and 3 or 4 people were vehemently defending their every move. "Just bend over and take it, it's only $4 a month..." And sorry guys, I simply can't recognize them as a separate entity and agree to wipe the slate clean just because that they've added 'plus' to their name.

If they've finally truly seen the light, good for them. Maybe noone playing there now will ever know the frustration felt by anyone who ventured there in the past. But for those of us who've been shafted, are able to recognize that we were shafted, and moved on, I'm sure Sandbox will see few if any of us ever again.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby fantasy_gamer » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:12 am

Don't plan on going back to Litterbox. And to anyone that is considering them.....don't.

I could go into all the reasons why, but they've been mentioned here already.
fantasy_gamer

Friendliness: %

Postby ramble2 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:21 am

Anonymous wrote:If you have not spent money on sandboxplus feel lucky. I bought an annual membership that started 6-28-03 and last till 6-28-04. I just found out that they are not going to let me get a sbx baseball league or a regular baseball league because my annual payment is up in the middle of the season. I would have to extend my contract till the end of baseball season or they will not let me play. Guess it does not do any good to have a contract. Supposedly you are supposed to play all sandboxplus games with this annual fee, guess that is not true. Dont waste your money unless you want to be disappointed.

Oh no! Why did you ressurect this thread?! 8-o Does this mean the SandboxPlus people are going to come back and haunt us again?! :-o
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby menyak » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:26 am

Agreed - I suppose everything (and even more) has been said.
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers