Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chefref22 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:17 pm

while i didn't like peak usage either,they were going bankrupt at the time,so it was either that or shut down the site altogether.

and someone else said something about last year for baseball the format was different.well i must say that since then,with football and basketball it has reverted back to the format of old and will do so for the upcoming baseaball season as well.and while they did have a different format for baseball last year,not all of it was bad.the new player news feature was awesome.it used to be,you clicked a player's name and all you got was his height and weight.now,you get age,stats for the current year so far as well as all of that player's previous years,FP total and FP/G averages for the current season and all others as well as tons of player news updates which has the date,the source and the news.anytime anything fantasy newsworthy happens to the player,whether he gets hurt and is out for 2-4 weeks or just hit a grand slam or even moved up even moved from right to left field.last i checked,only think yahoo's player news had was if a player got injured. :-t
chefref22
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:39 pm

chefref22, you said that:
well i must say that since then,with football and basketball it has reverted back to the format of old and will do so for the upcoming baseaball season as well.

I have been in the forums at sandboxplus and they have made no decisions for sure about bringing back game limits in the form of the old sandbox. The members want it, but sandboxplus has not commited to it. So as of now they have not brought back the old format in baseball.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby menyak » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:08 pm

trevisc wrote:to each their own Charles. Obviously if it was that good you wouldn't have to be trying to "convince" us of it. I'll stick with yahoo.

:-D

Amen. Being a historian, I have to state that virtually every crusade in the past has been driven by fear and insecurity at home rather than the quality of the beliefs at stake. I would also like to mention that, in the 21st century, it's wit and charm rather than force and insults that drive a lesson home. Just a thought - this is especially true at the Cafe.

As someone who has never been at or used Sandbox or SandboxPlus before, I must say that, after reading this entire thread, I will think twice before ever going there, simply because of the appalling impoliteness of some of their members. Obviously, this does Sandbox (or SandboxPlus) great injustice, and if I were the owner of that site I'd be furious about the damage you have done. Are you sure you are regular Sandbox members? If you are, what made you come over here and kill the reputation of your own site? :-? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me...
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 3050
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Offline on even days

Postby trevisc » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:15 pm

menyak wrote:Amen. Being a historian, I have to state that virtually every crusade in the past has been driven by fear and insecurity at home rather than the quality of the beliefs at stake. I would also like to mention that, in the 21st century, it's wit and charm rather than force and insults that drive a lesson home. Just a thought - this is especially true at the Cafe.

As someone who has never been at or used Sandbox or SandboxPlus before, I must say that, after reading this entire thread, I will think twice before ever going there, simply because of the appalling impoliteness of some of their members. Obviously, this does Sandbox (or SandboxPlus) great injustice, and if I were the owner of that site I'd be furious about the damage you have done. Are you sure you are regular Sandbox members? If you are, what made you come over here and kill the reputation of your own site? :-? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me...


Preach brother! Preach!

couldn't have said it better myself
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:08 pm

chefref22 wrote:while i didn't like peak usage either,they were going bankrupt at the time,so it was either that or shut down the site altogether.

and someone else said something about last year for baseball the format was different.well i must say that since then,with football and basketball it has reverted back to the format of old and will do so for the upcoming baseaball season as well.and while they did have a different format for baseball last year,not all of it was bad.the new player news feature was awesome.it used to be,you clicked a player's name and all you got was his height and weight.now,you get age,stats for the current year so far as well as all of that player's previous years,FP total and FP/G averages for the current season and all others as well as tons of player news updates which has the date,the source and the news.anytime anything fantasy newsworthy happens to the player,whether he gets hurt and is out for 2-4 weeks or just hit a grand slam or even moved up even moved from right to left field.last i checked,only think yahoo's player news had was if a player got injured. :-t


You need to check again. Anytime a players name is mentioned in a relevant news article, Yahoo will simply link it to the player's link. Its quite helpful - and free.

After reading this entire thread, I still am not sure why anyone would pay for this service. Some of the key factors for choosing Sandbox"PLUS" (is it gonna be SuperPlus next yr?) include:

They have all sorts of games and spinoffs besides the standards.
They have good customer service (aside from that whole history of having awful customer service).

Is that about it?
Sounds like a blast. Im gonna stick to Yahoo though. I normally just play with friends and fantasy sports junkies that I have established a relationship with, so playing in dead leagues on Yahoo isnt that much of a problem. I still am not compelled to pay for something that I get for free.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:26 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:They have good customer service (aside from that whole history of having awful customer service).


BINGO!
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby chefref22 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:12 pm

menyak wrote: As someone who has never been at or used Sandbox or SandboxPlus before, I must say that, after reading this entire thread, I will think twice before ever going there, simply because of the appalling impoliteness of some of their members. Obviously, this does Sandbox (or SandboxPlus) great injustice, and if I were the owner of that site I'd be furious about the damage you have done. Are you sure you are regular Sandbox members? If you are, what made you come over here and kill the reputation of your own site? :-? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me...

maybe thats because you don't know the whole story.when i first saw this thread when it only had a couple of posts,i didn't really think much of it.but then when some people started talking shit about the site that i play at am am very happy with i made a post supporting sandbox,then posted the link to this thread at the sandbox forums which is where all of the guests came from.you guys started talking shit first,we were only defending our site.
chefref22
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:09 pm

Just for the reference - that's not quite correct. As the webmaster of this site, I am aware that there are not only fans of the Cafe out there. When I see a negative post about the Cafe, I try to filter out the information part to find out why someone had a negative experience at our site. If it's a legitimate point, I try to use the information to improve the site. If I feel it isn't I try to live with it. Never in my life would I even think of going out there on a crusade trying to eradicate the other guys opinion.

What disturbs me is that your are claiming that "we guys started talking shit first". While it indicates you believe that it is in fact what "you guys" did (we're not so far apart here - although I would use different wording, and I'm not quite sure who exactly you are referring to with such a general statement), it also suggests a lack of understanding for the nature of our site. The Fantasy Baseball Cafe is a site where people freely post their opinions on all kind of fantasy related topics, including (but not limited to) fantasy sites. We do reserve the right to delete posts that are clearly rude and insulting (that's why a couple of posts - which were not made by Cafe regulars by the way - are missing from this thread), but we refuse to delete posts just because of differing opinions.

What I miss in all of this is at least a basic portion of respect for other people's opinions! The people who started this thread aren't professional complainers, they posted because they wanted to share their experience which - in this case - was negative. You were fortunate enough to have a good experience. I feel happy for you - just wondering why you don't seem to be happy as well. 8-o

Two months ago we had to ban a couple of legitimate users because they were posting from the same IP range as a bad "member" who was constantly harassing other users. If they would go to a different board complaining that the Cafe sucks because they were banned without a reason, I couldn't blame them. It's true - unfortunately it's not a perfect world. Would I go pick on them? No! Would I go pick on the site where they happened to post? Ridiculous!

So that's the problem with this thread - it's not people sharing different experiences about the same site, it's intruders stomping in here trying to force others to take on their views. It also abuses our hospitality, because while we are open to all kinds of opinions, we cannot tolerate guests mobbing other guests just for the fact that their opinions seem so unbearable.
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 3050
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Offline on even days

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:12 pm

These are the same arguments and ok's that I was hearing from the forums in sandbox two years ago. Now if you say something that goes against sandboxplus in their forums you just quietly get deleted. They say their support line is better that is just not true. I still play there, but I will not be renewing my year contract with them. If you ask for help with what seems to be an easy question to answer in the forum, they redirect you to the support email address, which normally they do not have or do not know an answer to your question. The only reply you here in the forums are that sandbox have not made decisions on that yet. Well if they do not know the answers no one does. Confusing, I thought so. I mean if I cannot get answers from the one that run the site and I am paying for it and they just give me the run around why pay for the service. That is why I will spend my money elsewhere when my contract runs out.

But to the defense of the old format at sandbox two or three years ago. I would have been glad to have paid for it. They just tryed to get to fancy or to cheap to continue with the same format. I still remember them telling us in the forums if we do not like sandbox the way it is now we could always leave. Now that is pretty much straight forward if you ask me. Exactly why I will no longer pay.

To the subject of SBX baseball. Where is the SBX football that was supposed to be there when I signed up. As soon as I signed up for the year they kindly informed us that they were taking these games out because there were to many faults with them. So how can everyone else be defending these SBX games if sandboxplus was going to do away with them because they were flawed. Which we will never know about SBX football because they dumped it before the season started.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Sandbox

Postby CheeseBeger » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:03 pm

Wow, 3 years ago sandbox Fantasy Points was the first fantasy baseball game I played and I loved it. I remember the day I logged on and saw now I had to pay!! So I switched to Yahoo!
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 19:53 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact