Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trevisc » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:50 am

funny thing is..I left sandbox forums when I found this site. I was sick that they weren't going to offer free leagues anymore and I was looking for an alternate site to chat about baseball.

Voila!

;-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:00 pm

while i've never played sandbox, i was just over there checking out the site and, corrct me if i'm wrong, it looks like you pay the price to get a team in all games. If you only want one or two games, do you get anydiscount, or do you end up paying the same wherter you only play one or two, or the entire 20 something?

thanks for unconfusing me :-)
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:15 pm

Boston FANatic:

When you register, depending on the game, you can get so many games depending on the game, but usually I have noticed on Sandboxplus that you get 1 team, and 1 salary cap league. As a grandfather member, my credit card is charge $3.95 per month. Sadly, new members will have to pay $4.95 per month, and there are options, where you can pay for a game a one-team fee for the entire MLB season, as an example, or you can have some pay-cal program for your payment.

I know that if you signed-up for AFL football at Sandboxplus, there are DEALS, where you get 2 months of baseball for FREE. Take into consideration that you can win big-money, if you do well. I am not talking about like $10.00 or $20.00, but Full Count gives out a $5,000.00 winner, and also FREE membership, if you do well. If you are not a grandfather member, then it is more complicated thru the payment channels.

If you can create cohesiveness at the Forums at Sandboxplus, you can really parlee in some competitive leagues. Of course, the nay-sayers will say that I could play in a free league and be competitive, but the propensity is more likely to be active in a pay-league.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Charles_Canton » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:18 pm

Sox FANatic001:

The last post was my yours truly. I did not login today until now; I had this site under my favorites drop-down menu. Take into condideration that the Programmers and Developers work 40 standard 40 hour work weeks, and the Moderators volunteer at Sandboxplus whenever. There are alot of games altogether, but not all of them are on-line simultaneously.

When you register for say the AFL game, and for the salary game, you do not get a discount. I do not want to sound redundant, but I am thinking that you pay for $4.95 for about 2 months, and then you get 2 months FREE for baseball, and with the the 2 months of FREE baseball, you get ONE Full Count league, AND ONE SBX-Baseball League; you do NOT get 2 Full Counts or 2 SBX Baseball Leagues.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:48 pm

Sandbox was the very best fantasy sports site going, three years ago. While I am still playing there, for the time being. The quality and format of their games have took a nose dive. I agree with the other post here. I also play Yahoo and while it is still free the quality of their games are much better than sandbox. Sandbox lost my respect when they started the peak usage deal without even a hint that they were going to do it. I had just bought two extra teams that year and all of a sudden they threw the peak usage in there. Of course that killed all the leagues I was in. The members there just quit playing. Not to include that right before Baseball season last year they said sandbox was back in its original format that everyone liked. It was a total different game, did not even resemble sandbox of old. So to make a long story short. Go to Yahoo at least they will not lie, cheat, and steal from you.

SBX forums and mods are the pits

Postby guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:13 pm

SBX games are ok now. Lot of variety. Forums are full of people like Charles and others, post after post on absolutely nothing. Many times Charles will post only the word "test". Running up a post count to about 15 every day is not something to be proud of. You don't call your family, girlfriend, or whatever that much. Its ridiculous. I've seen maybe 5 decent posts. He is not the only loser in there. Its chock full of suck-ups, wannabees, stat freaks, and never-will-be's. Sad thing is, this is all the restrictive, cliquish, super vindictive, hypicritical mods over there allow. You wouldn't believe the outrage over there now over this thread. Charles doesn't like the limited avatar over here. Thats a big problem..lol. The SB folk just can't take any criticism. I still play there, but the forum people and especially the mods are a joke..

Postby denvermax » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:37 pm

I played Sandbox and loved it and left when you had to pay, but all this negative talk about the Plus version doesnt make me want to pay for it. Ill stay with Yahoo and chat at the cafe.

And for all you SBX Plus users, it really does sound like you are recruiters or something. I appreciate the info about what SBX Plus is like now, but I think people have got the idea by now of what its like.
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Charles_Canton » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:55 am

denvermax wrote:And for all you SBX Plus users, it really does sound like you are recruiters or something. I appreciate the info about what SBX Plus is like now, but I think people have got the idea by now of what its like.

To a certain degree, you could imply that I am recruiting here for Sandboxplus. I do not accept a stampede of authors to join, and I am sure that I will be a getting alot of ribbling, but when I was informed in the deluxe cafe about people playing in the deluxe cafe, I volunteered my time, and tried to give a detailed-description about 'what' to expect in the product. Why did I offer my thoughts? The answer is that I have played SBX baseball for the entire 2003 season, and I will continue my march onward to SBX Baseball at Sandboxplus.

It would be hippo-critical of me to say that you have to join Sandboxplus and nothing else, when in fact that I have played fantasy games at Yahoo, CBS Sportsline, and Exit42, but from my experiences, I like format and variety of the Sandboxplus applications. The SBX Baseball good is a curve ball, sort of speak in playing fantasy sports.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby trevisc » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:21 am

to each their own Charles. Obviously if it was that good you wouldn't have to be trying to "convince" us of it. I'll stick with yahoo.

:-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Fantasy_Gamer » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:42 am

Sandbox made its mark in the fantasy business a couple years ago -- installing peak usage with no notice.

That's what I'll remember about them forever.
Fantasy_Gamer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers