Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:53 pm

chefref22 wrote:oh yeah and while i can't say i have a problem with madison, i don't think ANYONE can argue that he doesn't have a life if he posts almost 70 times a day.i just had to defend my fellow sandboxplus users there.

Sorry, I didn't realize you could have a job, a wife, a family, and fantasy baseball at the same time. Who are you to judge someone else's life? :-t

And sandbox was a piece of garbage. I personally have not tried sandboxplus, so I can't say anything about it.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:01 pm

Charles_Canton wrote:Mr. Madison:

Sent you a PM message. I will PAY out of my own pocket for you to play Sandboxplus during the baseball season. I do post the first name, last name, and city location of ALL of my owners within my leagues in an e-mail to show commorodity within the fantasy culture from only the PRIVATE rumor-mill from MY leauges.

I will take a look at your offer either later this evening or in the morning and let you know. While I appreciate the offer, I'm not sure I'll have the time to play another league this year. I will take a look and let you know though. Thanks. ;-D

Ramble2 wrote:Disrespecting Madison?! For one thing, he's a mod. He reads every post that comes in (or used to, if I remember correctly), and tries to make sure each one gets a good response.

Thanks Ramble. ;-D Yes, I still read every single post that comes into the Cafe' even though it's getting harder and harder to do with all the new members. Not sure how much longer I will be able to do it. Lol. :-D That's a good thing though and Welcome to anyone that I haven't personally welcomed yet. ;-D

Chefref22 wrote:oh yeah and while i can't say i have a problem with madison, i don't think ANYONE can argue that he doesn't have a life if he posts almost 70 times a day.i just had to defend my fellow sandboxplus users there.

-Jeremy Kingston,NH

I have a very happy and fulfilling life and that's really all that matters, isn't it? ;-) Just because I have more time availiable than others, I don't see how that makes me "have no life". Not a big deal to me though. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Charles_Canton » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:10 pm

Madison:

I sincerely appreciate the response. Right now, during my SBX Sandboxplus somewhat private recruiting. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Do not quote me here. I have 13 confirmations for 14 owners for SBX Baseball, and I have about 3 or 4 e-mails right now to decide on the final spot, excluding yourself. I am also the Commissioner of a 14-team off-line draft called Palace of Pigskin [POP League] at Sandboxplus. I have fantasy owners from like 5 different fantasy sites of fantasy football come together in this league.

I have a couple other peers at CBS Sportsline that play fantasy everything, and they love basketball/football the most. I am in their Big Ballers League (basketball) at CBS Sportsline; I play mostly, because I know most of the owners from our affiliations from past leagues, including Sandbox, and it is a great basketball league. I am not the commisioner at those non-Sandboxplus league, but play and it is decent, but not parallel to Sandboxplus features. I am new to the Cafe, and I have been to lazy to read about other posts in these forums. I am assuming that the Cafe is just a separate public forum or billboard, which is endorsed by no fantasy sports entity; in other words, just some users chatting in a free-genre.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:41 pm

I, for one, am ecstatic to see that Marty Schottenheimer has not been dwelling on the poor season he had this year, and has instead chosen to get a hobby, fantasy baseball. :-B
"How's the smut business, Jackie?"
Jackie Treehorn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ...

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:03 am

Jackie Treehorn wrote:I, for one, am ecstatic to see that Marty Schottenheimer has not been dwelling on the poor season he had this year, and has instead chosen to get a hobby, fantasy baseball. :-B

LMAO

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Charles_Canton » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:04 am

ImageImage
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:14 am

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:21 am

hehehehehe :-B :-B :-B :-B
"How's the smut business, Jackie?"
Jackie Treehorn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:36 am

You know, I've always wondered where Sandbox Plus would be today if they had chosen a new name in the course of their overhaul rather than just tacking on 'Plus.' Granted, it's hard to drop an established name and build up new recognition from scratch, but I don't think the folks responsible for that upgrade realized just how much damage had been done to their reputation in the fantasy community...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:47 am

Charles_Canton wrote:There are 2 sides to every story, and everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

True enough, but only to a point. The problem is that Sandbox had been 'proven guilty,' as it were, in the eyes of many, many fantasy folks by mid-2002. And having seen some of the problems at Sandbox, I'm afraid I can't blame them. Expecting those folks, most of whom turned to other fantasy services, to wipe the slate clean now that Sandbox Plus has made changes after returning from bankruptcy (with some of the same people at the helm) is a bit unrealistic.

Note that I'm not in any way trying to slag off Sandbox Plus (as The Limey put it :-) ). If anything, I'm always hoping for more and better options for fantasy players. However, this is the reality they have to contend with if they wish to win folks over.

Charles_Canton wrote:I am assuming that the Cafe is ... endorsed by no fantasy sports entity

Correct. This is an independent site.

Anonymous wrote:But that's another reason I love it over there, we are allowed to EDIT our posts...I use that feature a lot!

"Repo Man"

Sorry, a number of features can unfortunately only be implemented for registered folks. I think we'd have a problem on our hands if all guests could edit all guest posts... ;-)

Arrudawakening wrote:Fact is Madison has no life

chefref22 wrote:i don't think ANYONE can argue that he doesn't have a life if he posts almost 70 times a day.

Don't be deceived. I've learned a thing or two about Madison's life, and it's one that most of us would envy. I can see how Mad's post totals could lead to the wrong conclusion, but trust me on this one.

Guestimator wrote:I sure hope the Cafe users and SandboxPlus users can find a way to forgive and be at peace.

I really don't think there's any hostility whatsoever as far as Cafe users are concerned, toward Sandbox Plus users or those of any other site. I don't think anything's ever been said against Sandbox Plus users, just comments about problems with league service (as you'll find with just about all league providers). There's no agenda here; see it instead as a barometer of opinion in the fantasy community, and feel free to disagree with that opinion and provide arguments to the contrary.

On the other hand, posts like "kick their butts" or "kill all of them" might not be the very best way to win over the people you're trying to convince. Just a thought.

One question for the folks with recent Sandbox Plus experience: how are trade vetos handled now? I remember the commissioner review system being a huge problem a while back. Has it been revamped?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers