Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arrudawakening » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:43 pm

Madison does not post for the sake of posting. He posts because he has something thoughtful and insightful to say, as he has 17, 827 times. To even accuse of that idea shows that your knowledge of the Cafe' is limited, and should not be implemented into arguments and discussions unless you have the full extent of the facts.

Fact is Madison has no life --- 17,827 posts sounds like the guy just likes to hear himself talk

Also why do you delete posts that disagree with you -- truth hurts huh
Arrudawakening
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:47 pm

...Sandbox can go to hell after the way they treated their past customers. Now they have the nerve to charge premium prices for utter shit...

Sir,

'Utter sh*t' is, I assure you, not what SandboxPlus is all about.

One would politely suggest that you seek first-hand experience of another site afore posting such offensive remarks.

...One of my league mates plays SBX and said Sportsline is far better (and is cheaper as well).

Well, why is your friend there then?

And who is this 'friend' of yours? Pray tell.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:50 pm

...Madison does not post for the sake of posting. He posts because he has something thoughtful and insightful to say...

Correction

inciteful

;-)

The Limey

Postby Registered_Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:55 pm

First off, Madison rules!! If you can't get along with him, maybe this isn't the place for you! :-°

My Sportsline league is 2/3 full of former Sandboxplus players -- as I stated earlier they did not like it. That's their choice....

They gave something to Sandbox that I won't -- a chance. I'm not even saying Sandbox might not be better now (hell for all I know it could be), but while Sandbox was jerking their customers around ....I found somewhere else to play!! ;-D
Registered_Guest

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:56 pm

prodpaul wrote:Sandbox absolutely STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Prodpaul,

Explain please.

Or should one assume that your PC/Mac has an olfactory PCI card?

Postby Fantasy_Gamer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:01 pm

I think he meant Sandbox STUNK. Which it did at the end....

No explanation needed. Anyone there at the end knows why it stunk....
Fantasy_Gamer

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:10 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:First off, Madison rules!! If you can't get along with him, maybe this isn't the place for you! :-°...

Sir,

I would not for one moment disagree with you on this. I don't know the bloke but he is obviously held in high regard.

...My Sportsline league is 2/3 full of former Sandboxplus players -- as I stated earlier they did not like it. That's their choice....

Exactly.

...They gave something to Sandbox that I won't -- a chance. I'm not even saying Sandbox might not be better now (hell for all I know it could be)...

It is.

[/quote]...but while Sandbox was jerking their customers around ....I found somewhere else to play!! ;-D[/quote]

Understood. At last! Someone who can state their feelings without rancour.

Sir,

I'll attempt to explain.

I don't share [some of] my fellow 'Boxers rather vitriolic opinion yet can understand their annoyance. It appears that a lot of nonsense, and admittedly some truth, has been spouted about a fantasy site that we like to call 'home', if you will.

Naturally when our 'home' is attacked, the miscreants must expect some form of riposte. Although again, I would distance myself from posting as aggressively as some of my fellow 'Boxers.

I am Brit' and have been playing fantasy baseball/football for several years, the last being my most successful. I have played in Yahoo!, Sandbox and also my own pay-to-play site at RT Sports. I don't profess to be as knowledgeable as a natural-born American but through exhaustive research and hard-work I managed to beat some players who I consider experts. You know what? They all congratulated me. Well, most of them! :-D Anyway, my point is that they make me, a lone Sandbox Brit' feel very, very welcome. You know, that sort of respect that is accorded to your chap 'Madison' in here? I may not be held in such high esteem, but when I goto my SanboxPlus, I am assured of good, honest and open conversation with a bunch of people that I respect in return.

Even when we fall out.

Therefore, I believe that the people who have 'steamed' over to your site have done so in a defensive manner. These are the die-hards, the 'veterans', the players who have stuck through thick and thin and have for the last year seen such dramatic improvement, it is now more than worth defending.

I will apologise on their behalf for any annoyance caused - even though I know they won't want me to, lol - , but please understand that they, and I to an extent, felt aggrieved when we learned of what was being posted.

Not only that, but anyone reading this thread who has never heard of Sandbox, may be dis-suaded from joining based on some of the more venomous rants posted in your cafe. And as a site is only as strong as it's client-base, this also rankles.

The Limey

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:16 pm

Fantasy_Gamer wrote:I think he meant Sandbox STUNK. Which it did at the end....

No explanation needed. Anyone there at the end knows why it stunk....

Mr Fantasy,

No sir, I believe that your colleague meant what he stated and I will, if I may, await an answer directly from him.

Although your efforts are appreciated, and as such I will address them;

No, an explanation is NOT needed, but it would be polite to at least explain the reasoning behind such an attack. And I was 'there at the end', and I disagree with you.

I would imagine that you left with a bitter taste in your mouth, which was probably quite understandable, given that there was many reasons to feel that way.

However, it has changed, evolved, altered and improved way beyond what you may have thought possible at the time of your departure.

Please, don't dismiss what you know little of. No offence.

Postby Charles_Canton » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:31 pm

Madison:

I only brought-up my post totals, because other post totals were brought to my attention. Madison is most defintely correct, and my knowledge here is limited; I do disagree that I post more often then most authors at Sandboxplus and HERE in-terms of forum-posting. I am new to the Cafeteria, so I do not know 'what' to expect. I cannot post, if I do not have cognizance of the site. The post totals was also a lengthy discussion in a forum at Sandboxplus recently. The fact that you post alot is very commendable gesture on your behalf. There will be astranged authors that will something wrong with 'whether' you post alot or do not post at all, and there are ALWAYS instigators when posting in a FREE forum.

When it comes to other people disagreeing/disrepecting my ideaologies at Sandboxplus and at the Cafeteria, opinions vary. There are 2 sides to every story, and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I am going tangent again here but there is going to be disagreements, and the forums is a nice place to get feedback, and exchange thoughts. I have not intently disrespected anyone here. If you feel that I was being rude about posting Dr. Phil, as an example, then it is your perogative.

You can have a chip in your dip, but unless you give Sandboxplus a chance and play in a game of SBX Baseball, you can really not know the whole game mechanisms and variables that are implemented into the software. If there are some players in the Cafeteria that played SBX Baseball at Sandboxplus, please sound-off and post 'what' you do not like about the product. Complaining about Sandbox 2 years ago before the migration into Sandboxplus without playing the games is not a valid argument. I have read posts about past disgruntled Sandbox members, but Sandbox no longer exists, it now called Sandboxplus. Thanks.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy_Gamer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:Mr Fantasy,

given that there was many reasons to feel that way.

Yep, there were. My post wasn't an attack in any sort of way.

I just don't feel the need to explain my reasons for why it stunk -- so others can dismiss those problems as existing at that time (or trying to explain those problems).

I know what the problems were....you know what the problems were (as your quote above dictates). No need to rehash the past.
Fantasy_Gamer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers