Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:56 am

Charles_Canton wrote:Los Angeles Cubs:

I am not 'burned.' It is about 73 degrees farenheit in my house, and I am not even sweating. He used my lines against me, because I used it on him months ago. You call yourself a poster with 62 posts total. I have posted 780+ posts total, since 11/26/03, and average 14.58 posts per day at Sandboxplus.

Seeing as how you are new here, let's not pick on other new members of the Cafe'. We all have a pretty good time here and have some great baseball discussion. ;-D

You want some numbers, check my profile:

Madison's profile wrote:Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Total posts: 17823
[9.05% of total / 67.51 posts per day]

Before you talk down to a member here, you might want to take a look around ;-) .

Back to the subject at hand, I've found the conversation about Sandbox very interesting. Not many of our members have used it, so I'm sure we have all learned a little something about the site. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Charles_Canton » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:33 pm

Madison:

I think that I have a brother-in-law named Madison. Are we related? I surely hope that you do not post, just for the sake of increasing your total implemented onto your displayed profile. As you can see, some of the posts that I have made are lengthy, and I should be credited 4-5 posts with one of my posts HERE. I hope that you post like JDD at Sandboxplus, and type a few keystrokes within your microscopic post and then move-on into your next one-liner thread. As one of the most extraordinary phsychologists would say,

"Gettttttttttttttttttttttttt a Life!"

The SBX Baseball is a fantastic site, because like Derek mentioned, there are NO dead teams, and if an owner is out-of-control with his/her mannerism, the SBX commissoiner can kick him/her out of the league. This is the only that game that I have seen, where you could start pitchers, but you have not start them, because you are only allowed so many games and innings played for a season. This is brain-food that should be tasted at the CAFE.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:00 pm

Being a sbox member since '97...It's now evolved into a top notch (and best) fantasy-site period. I've tried them all from ESPN to all the ones mentioned in this thread. The best feature other than the numerous games is that it's now the only site I know that INTERACTS WITH ITS CUSTOMERS and executes so many of the customers ideas. The customers are included in decision-making and it's amazing in this day and time to have such customer service. None of us get our way all the time obviously but when the majority speaks...the company acts!

Many of you (who are not customers) are missing out on the best site around from now and beyond... ;-D

Jerry/Augusta...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Your worst Nightmare » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:57 pm

Well let me break it down for you Forest. If you drive a Porsche everyday, you need to drive a Pinto every now and then to refresh your mind just how good you have it. But it lamen's terms it's called "Slummin"
Your worst Nightmare

Postby Charles_Canton » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:02 pm

b u m p ! ! ! !
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DK » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:11 pm

Let me handle this one:

Charles_Canton wrote:Madison:

I think that I have a brother-in-law named Madison. Are we related? I surely hope that you do not post, just for the sake of increasing your total implemented onto your displayed profile.

Madison does not post for the sake of posting. He posts because he has something thoughtful and insightful to say, as he has 17, 827 times. To even accuse of that idea shows that your knowledge of the Cafe' is limited, and should not be implemented into arguments and discussions unless you have the full extent of the facts.

Charles_Canton wrote: As you can see, some of the posts that I have made are lengthy, and I should be credited 4-5 posts with one of my posts HERE. I hope that you post like JDD at Sandboxplus, and type a few keystrokes within your microscopic post and then move-on into your next one-liner thread.

First of all, these recent posts that you create make no sense. First of all, there are many people here who write much more than you, and there is no complaint as to whatever their supposed "post count" may be. Madison's posts are usually marginally long, if not longer, and have more knowledge within them then any of the jabber I've heard from you about Sandbox.

Charles_Canton wrote: As one of the most extraordinary phsychologists would say,

This is just idiotic. No comment.

Charles_Canton wrote:The SBX Baseball is a fantastic site, because like Derek mentioned, there are NO dead teams, and if an owner is out-of-control with his/her mannerism, the SBX commissoiner can kick him/her out of the league. This is the only that game that I have seen, where you could start pitchers, but you have not start them, because you are only allowed so many games and innings played for a season. This is brain-food that should be tasted at the CAFE.

First of all, you can lock owners on Yahoo!, therefore keeping a 12-team competition, even without an owner. Because of this, it is still a 1-in-12 chance to win a league, which is harder than if you can kick out members. Who's to say an unruly commissioner will kick out all the good teams so he can win?

As for the final statement, in Rotisserie baseball on Yahoo! and almost anywhere else you play Fantasy Baseball, there is a maximim innings limit and maximum games played limit. Your so-called "Brain Food" has been tasted.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:18 pm

I'll tell you why we are posting over here, because we love Sandbox and I have been here since 96. It has always and is still simply the best fantasy sports site on the net, bar none! You can't touch the format with originals and my personal favorites Full Count and Full Contact. There public forums are still simply the best because of those who stuck around through the thick and thin! It's thich now!

I was sceptical about staying in Dec. 2002 When it was announced they would become a full time pay site. I hated all the problems we had in those last 2 years it was free. I decided to give it a shot and not once have I ever regretted this decision to stay! It just keeps getting better! Customer Service is top notch! Many old timers are coming back. I haven't heard of many leaving since the change. I had my greatest fantasy experience on the net in the 2003 baseball season, because people are now committed to the game as we now have weeded out the DEAD beats.

More serious owners/players will come back and see that you will now get a lot of bang out of your buck playing in the new and improved SandboxPlus!

So what are you waiting for? Sandboxer's stick together forever!

Later dudes...

"Repo Man"

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:32 pm

Charles_Canton wrote:Madison:

I think that I have a brother-in-law named Madison. Are we related? I surely hope that you do not post, just for the sake of increasing your total implemented onto your displayed profile. As you can see, some of the posts that I have made are lengthy, and I should be credited 4-5 posts with one of my posts HERE. I hope that you post like JDD at Sandboxplus, and type a few keystrokes within your microscopic post and then move-on into your next one-liner thread. As one of the most extraordinary phsychologists would say,

You missed the point entirely. You come into the site, register, and then proceeded to attempt to put down a member of the Cafe' using post totals from another site. Who really cares? Obviously you seem to think that post totals are a big deal or else you wouldn't have used them first. I simply brought mine up to show you that while you might have been considered a big dog at sandbox, I've seen nothing to suggest that you are a big dog here. I spend on average 8 hours a day here and that's where my post total comes from.

As to the length of my posts, sometimes it's nothing more than a smiley, and sometimes it's a book. Just depends on what kind of answer is required.

Since post totals are a big deal to you, I look forward to actually reading some of your posts concerning fantasy baseball. :-) We've got a lot of knowledgeable members here and I'm sure it will make for some good discussion. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:33 pm

...Why play at Sandbox and see a moronic posts like yours when I can play at Sportsline for less (and better games) and post here at the Cafe???

Sir,

There is absolutely no need at all for inflammatory posts such as these.

I have been a member of Sandbox for several years now and yes, they have had their share of problems and also made some bad mistakes regarding how they treated their customers.

Show me a site that hasn't.

However, since they went pay-to-play last year, there has been some fantastic improvements, resulting in several fantasy site awards been won.

By all means, denote your favourites but there really is no need to insult another poster purely because he does not share your belief/s.

The Limey

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:40 pm

Those at the Box already are aware of this fact:

I can't spell and I type with one fanger"

But that's another reason I love it over there, we are allowed to EDIT our posts...I use that feature a lot!

"Repo Man"

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers