Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curious...is anyone playing SandboxPlus SBX this year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:20 am

Ooooohhhh.....burned.
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:33 am

i think what most of what we are seeing is people who can't fathom having to pay for something that they used to get for free. before sandbox was pay for play, hundreds of people would join baseball leagues and be gone by july making the leagues half-dead. with being pay to play, i had 1 dead team in 2 leagues last year - thats pretty good.

PEAK USAGE WAS 4-5 DOLLARS A MONTH!!!

are you bloody serious that that pissed you off so much? everyone tried to use the site from 12-5 and it shut the servers down from overload. what would you rather have. no access due to down servers, or no access because you're too much of an ingrate to pay 5 DOLLARS A MONTH. if 5 dollars is such a big deal to someone, log in at night. so what?

sandboxplus is the best site for fantasy sports. they have over 30 games yearly -easy. so for the price of the membership thats less than 2 bucks a game. plus, in some of those games loyal members get 2 teams!!! 30 dollars for sportsline and what, maybe 4 games? 20 dollars for espn for 1 game? free for yahoo and a league half empty due to lack of interest? the choice is obvious.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:34 am

from the D in GB by the way.

Postby Charles_Canton » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:38 am

Los Angeles Cubs:

I am not 'burned.' It is about 73 degrees farenheit in my house, and I am not even sweating. He used my lines against me, because I used it on him months ago. You call yourself a poster with 62 posts total. I have posted 780+ posts total, since 11/26/03, and average 14.58 posts per day at Sandboxplus.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy_Gamer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:43 am

1) It isn't about paying. I pay around $1200 for the 4 baseball leagues I'm in. So it isn't about a little $4-$5 month for peak usage. It was the manner in which it occurred.

You don't see the cable company charging you $50 one month and $95 the next within PRIOR NOTICE of the change happening. If they're going to charge $45 more, I'm gonna see what else is out there....I signed up for $50 -- not $95.

I logged in one day and there it was asking for $$ all of a sudden. I played Sandbox because it was a good FREE game (it was better than Yahoo -- it's free competition). It's not worth $5-$7/month (whatever the current price is) of my money cuz quite frankly I don't feel it's worth it vs. the competition (other pay sites).

Why play at Sandbox and see a moronic posts like yours when I can play at Sportsline for less (and better games) and post here at the Cafe???
Fantasy_Gamer

Postby Fantasy_Gamer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:45 am

My response is directed to the GUEST above....
Fantasy_Gamer

Postby Charles_Canton » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:00 am

Fantasy_Gamer:

It is not good ethics to be charged unexpectedly more for a service; this is common fact. This does not happen just in fantasy sports, but in other bill/charges. My Mom pays now more money for her water-bill, and her usage is the same. We complained at got it fixed. Companies do lend notices, and sometimes the notices might not have been met.

In the analogy of your fantasy sports unbenounced charge, it was not great, and I am in agreement with you; the Peak Usage tactic was over 1 year ago, BUT it was NOT mandatory to pay, so it is not like everyone was handcuffed to pay for it. If you did not pay, then you cannot access for about 8 hours before game-time. If you know your deadlines, then you could make the necessary changes before being locked-out. The Palace of Pigskin winner in the 2002 season did not pay for Peak Usage. Paying Peak Usage does not give you a great advantage.

Economically, saying that you pay $1,200.00 for 4 sites, coming-out zero money ahead when the season is over, whereas you could pay say $5.00 (OPTIONAL) per week extra to get access to your computer, when you MIGHT have plans, so you do not need to spend the extra $5.00 per week. Personally, I would rather have 1 competitive league at Sandboxplus, and pay the peak usage then pay $300.00 for a site, if it is just as competitive, but you rather pay the extra $215.00 (300-(17*5)). In fact, I forgot abot the Peak Usage Policy, and I do not remember the payment, but I think it was like $1.95 a week. You might not like the principal, but I would rather have the extra $215.00, and 'crap' principle, then the $85.00 and princlple. In the future, all fantasy sites will become pay-to-play.

Let's stick to the SUBJECT in this thread, and this is about experiences of playing in SBX Baseball at Sandboxplus, and not about Peak Usage Policy about 2 seasons ago at Sandbox, which no longer exists.
Image Image
Charles
Charles_Canton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy_Gamer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:45 am

Charles_Canton wrote:Fantasy_Gamer:

Economically, saying that you pay $1,200.00 for 4 sites,

pay $300.00 for a site

I pay $10/league for 4 Sportsline Commissioner leagues. One is $500/entry, 2 $300/entry leagues and 1 $100/entry league....Not $300 for just a site -- that'd be just silly.

I was responding to the person that thought all of us left Sandbox cuz we didn't want to pay to play fantasy sports. Couldn't be further from the truth, my decision to leave was based on a lackluster product and the fact they were superior & more reputable pay sites out there.

What does a water bill have to do with this??....Water bills change every month. Poor example -- It's not like I can just get up and change water companies!! I expect the cost to fluctuate. That'd be like saying I'm not gonna buy gas for my car cuz it went up $.15/gallon this past week.
Fantasy_Gamer

Postby Fantasy_gamer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:53 am

Charles_Canton wrote:Let's stick to the SUBJECT in this thread, and this is about experiences of playing in SBX Baseball at Sandboxplus

Sorry....

Don't waste your time playing SBX baseball. 10 of the 16-members of my Sportsline league are ex-Sandboxplus members and said nothing changed at the site and dropped their subscription within 6 months.

I personally won't give SBX even a shot. Never know when they'll pull another 'rabbit outta their hat'.
Fantasy_gamer

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:51 am

Fantasy_gamer wrote:
Charles_Canton wrote:Let's stick to the SUBJECT in this thread, and this is about experiences of playing in SBX Baseball at Sandboxplus

Sorry....

Don't waste your time playing SBX baseball. 10 of the 16-members of my Sportsline league are ex-Sandboxplus members and said nothing changed at the site and dropped their subscription within 6 months.

I personally won't give SBX even a shot. Never know when they'll pull another 'rabbit outta their hat'.

The so called ex-Sandboxplus members is what I appreciate most about Sandboxplus. The site isnt the same without ya...and thats a wonderful thing.

Nooga

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers