2 HR innings... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2 HR innings...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby markj11 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:56 pm

biju wrote:
markj11 wrote:When Mike Cameron hit 4 in one game, him and Bret Boone both did it in the first inning going back-to-back twice.

Ah, beat me to it. I remember watching that game and as soon as Mike came up to the plate I thought there was no way he would pop another one out. Then when Boone came up I just assumed he was going to hit another one. It was a great day.

:-D

I believe (meaning I was too drunk to completely recall now) Cameron was within about 10 feet of hitting the 5th one out as well in his last AB during that game.

Yeah, I had Cameron on my team and was watching the game. He got hit his 5th time up and put one to the warning track his 6th.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 08, 2007 1:56 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Cole Hamels has done if 43 times if I'm not mistaken.

44. He's popped two more just since you posted this.

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue May 08, 2007 1:59 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I think Carlos Baerga hit 2 HR in the same inning from different sides of the plate. Also, Bengie Molina did it just the other night.

yeah, he already said that Bengie Molina did it, and that he's got Molina on his team. He's looking for a list of the other people who have done it.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby biju » Tue May 08, 2007 2:02 pm

markj11 wrote:
biju wrote:
markj11 wrote:When Mike Cameron hit 4 in one game, him and Bret Boone both did it in the first inning going back-to-back twice.

Ah, beat me to it. I remember watching that game and as soon as Mike came up to the plate I thought there was no way he would pop another one out. Then when Boone came up I just assumed he was going to hit another one. It was a great day.

I believe (meaning I was too drunk to completely recall now) Cameron was within about 10 feet of hitting the 5th one out as well in his last AB during that game.

Yeah, I had Cameron on my team and was watching the game. He got hit his 5th time up and put one to the warning track his 6th.

Weren't both of Mike's HRs in the first inning also both Grand Slams too? I need to look that game up...
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 08, 2007 2:03 pm

Oh... Hey. Daullaz. I think that any list you find might be outdated.

Did you hear that Yadier Molina hit two in one inning last night?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby biju » Tue May 08, 2007 2:04 pm

biju wrote:
markj11 wrote:
biju wrote:

Weren't both of Mike's HRs in the first inning also both Grand Slams too? I need to look that game up...

Nope, I was completely wrong here. Neither of them were. Every single one was a solo shot:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/05022002.shtml
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 08, 2007 2:05 pm

biju wrote:Weren't both of Mike's HRs in the first inning also both Grand Slams too? I need to look that game up...

No. The only person to hit 2 grannies in one inning was Mark Teixeira.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby daullaz » Tue May 08, 2007 2:51 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I think Carlos Baerga hit 2 HR in the same inning from different sides of the plate. Also, Bengie Molina did it just the other night.

yeah i mentioned that molina had done it for my team...
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby daullaz » Tue May 08, 2007 2:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:Tatis had a 2 Grandslam inning ;-D

ok someone should say carlos baerga and that way we can mention everyone that's already been mentioned. FERNANDO TATIS and BENGIE MOLINA have done it before, and someone else said BAERGA. just throw out names that haven't been mentioned before...thanks ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Tue May 08, 2007 2:55 pm

BTW, is it wrong of me to want to recapture the magic?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers