We Spend More At Wal-Mart Than On War - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

We Spend More At Wal-Mart Than On War

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 10, 2007 2:11 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:You have a better idea?

Well now.


This is the same thing as Royals baseball circa 2005 really, you know the current strategy isn't working, now do you try something radical and see if it works or do you "stay the course"?

Now you're comparing Iraq to the Royals? 8-o


This is getting kind of funny :-b

I'm guessing Mike Sweeney can be Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby CheeseBeger » Thu May 10, 2007 2:17 pm

No wonder the Rangers spend so much money on offense, Bush used to be an owner. !+)
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 10, 2007 2:29 pm

Coppermine wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:You have a better idea?

Well now.


This is the same thing as Royals baseball circa 2005 really, you know the current strategy isn't working, now do you try something radical and see if it works or do you "stay the course"?

Now you're comparing Iraq to the Royals? 8-o


This is getting kind of funny :-b

I'm guessing Mike Sweeney can be Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

Selig: "When we went into Kansas City, we thought we would be accepted by the people, but we underestimated their loyalty to the Cardinals. We thought we had reached a crossing point when we conquered the Cardinals back in '85. That's when we proclaimed 'Mission Accomplished.' However, the powers that be - the owners - they couldn't get on the same page. There was greed, in-fighting, and general sectarianism among the Kansas City natives. That allowed the Cardinals to get a foothold in the city again, and when Pujols converted to the east side, we realized that we had a big mess on our hands.

We've contemplated just removing the franchise, but the nearby Cardinals team would simply overrun the natives. It would be a blood bath of awful proportions. Soon everyone would be wearing red and celebrating ill-gotten world championships. So right now, the best bet for us is to keep pumping money and time into Kansas City and hope that we can win this battle in the long run."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 10, 2007 2:39 pm

ok, I'm not councirous enough to respond right now, I'm waiting for Acid rock to responde to this.

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink


peace ;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:52 pm

re the splitting idea, I think that the critical component of that is to make the Saudis, Iranians, Syrians and Turks all put their money where their mouths are. Instead of just splitting it up, we should sell it to them.... ;-D

re the drinking, oh yeah.... ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu May 10, 2007 3:10 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:Instead of just splitting it up, we should sell it to them.... ;-D


Who is "we" and how do they have the authority to sell land in the Middle East?
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 10, 2007 3:17 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:Instead of just splitting it up, we should sell it to them.... ;-D


Who is "we" and how do they have the authority to sell land in the Middle East?

Yeah... :-[

I think he's drinking the same stuff PWF has been consuming these last couple days.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 10, 2007 3:18 pm

Pissing the night awaaaaay
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 10, 2007 3:19 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:Instead of just splitting it up, we should sell it to them.... ;-D


Who is "we" and how do they have the authority to sell land in the Middle East?

Yeah... :-[

I think he's drinking the same stuff PWF has been consuming these last couple days.


look at pakistan and indian, it worked pretty well ofver there? why force 3 ckind of person into 1 contnry when they don' tbelong together?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 10, 2007 3:20 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:Instead of just splitting it up, we should sell it to them.... ;-D


Who is "we" and how do they have the authority to sell land in the Middle East?

Yeah... :-[

I think he's drinking the same stuff PWF has been consuming these last couple days.


look at pakistan and indian, it worked pretty well ofver there? why force 3 ckind of person into 1 contnry when they don' tbelong together?


We're lucky Pakistan and India aren't nuking each other right now.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact