Where to make improvements - WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Where to make improvements - WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where to make improvements - WHIR!!!

Postby jase218 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:11 am

I have been looking at the FA market and looking at trying to make a trade with my team, but I am starting to wonder what areas I should target. Do I look to replace a struggling Konerko? Is the addition of J. Shields enough to help my SP out (I have lost in Wins & K's the past 3 weeks)? Should I be worried about Myers and Otsuka losing their closer roles? I know 2B is a strength, but I feel OF is too...I don't like having to put Weeks/Kinsler or one of the OF's on the bench every day, but who do I deal? Also, if you could comment on Clemens and Carpenter, I would appreciate it!

The more detailed your response, I will definitely give you my time in responding to your question!

ps - I am going to drop Estrada as soon as I am sure that McCann is 100% healthy. I will probably pick up one of the following:
J. Suppan (MIL), J. Blanton (OAK), T. Gorzelanny (PIT), D. Bush (MIL), S. Green (NYM), T. Wiggington (TB)

10 Team League, H2H

Hitting: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
Pitching: Wins, K, Saves, ERA, Whip

C B. McCann
1B P. Konerko
2B I. Kinsler
3B T. Glaus
SS M. Young
OF C. Crawford, V. Wells, A. Dunn
Util T. Hunter
BN R. Weeks, J. Estrada

SP J. Santana, A. Pettitte
RP J. Valverde, F. Cordero
P A. Otsuka, B. Myers, C. Young
BN C. Wang, R. Clemens, J. Shields
DL C. Carpenter
jase218
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions1 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:28 am

I like Shields and I would start him in Otsuka's place until Clemens returns. I would pick up Bush or Suppan if you are going to drop Estrada but consider keeping him or another position player on your bench if you are going to trade Weeks or Kinsler. I would maybe package Weeks and Pettite for a good Starter...maybe you can get Lackey or someone of his caliber.
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bklyn55 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:32 pm

As you’ve assessed your team, both 2B & OF are strong.
A trade including Wells, Otsuka, and either Clemens, Pettitte or Wang for a solid 1B gives you some relief for Konerko until he starts hitting again. Swisher, Wigginton & Berkman currently would be an improvement at 1B for now and could be DHed or moved to another position if needed.
If you are serious about moving Estrada, try a trade for V. Martinez, including some combination of pitchers mentioned above. That would definitely improve your catcher’s position give you the option of playing Martinez at 1B if he qualifies in you league too.

Re your pitching staff, you could let Pettitte or Wang go with Shield starting. I’d look for someone interested in Yankee pitching and consider packaging Clemens and one of the other starters with/without Wells to solidify your hitting. Otsuka has some trade value right now that would drop significantly if Gagne returns. Get some value while you can.

Clemens may find the AL a tougher league with which to excel, & with 20 or so starts, you may get 10-12 Wins but can probably get that from others. Suppan looks good right now(over Bush), especially with Milwaukee on a hot streak. Gorzelanny looks OK but Pittsburgh’s hitting isn’t providing much support. Likewise, re Blanton, Oakland’s not much better but Blanton’s won some close ones. Take a look at Meche too.

Re Carpenter – that’s a tough one. He’s out for at least 3 months & everyone knows it. Not much value to trade on and no help on the DL. Another player, maybe Green batting or Blanton/Meche getting into you rotation would help.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=283583
Bklyn55 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team