Noah Lowry - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Noah Lowry

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Noah Lowry

Postby YardBirds » Tue May 08, 2007 6:49 am

This guy was nails back in 2005 putting up great numbers (3.78 / 1.31 / 172 k) but then had a lackluster 2006. He started this year looking rough, his bb were up and his ks were down. His last outing though, was quite fruitful 1 ER, 8k through 6 2/3 IP. Did anyone watch this performace, has he fixed whatever issues he had? Was it just the Phils swinging lead bats?

Just curious on what the cafe' thinks about him? Was '05 a fluke?
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Tue May 08, 2007 8:12 am

I would keep a close eye on him. He was supposed to be playing hurt last year, but they said he was healthy this year. Up until the other night, he hadn't been K'ing guys like he used to, leading me to worry if he was still hurt or if his mechanics were messed up.

If he can put together another couple outings that are 80% of that last one, I think he'd be worth grabbing as a mid-level starter in most formats.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Tue May 08, 2007 9:38 am

He's got a great change up but very inconsistent. He'll go through some hot streaks if he is healthy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby gostanford07 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:52 am

Like Yoda said, his changeup is his best pitch and is downright filthy to righties. Yoda can correct me on this but just from observation he seems to be getting away from it a little this year and has been throwing his new and improved breaking balls (slider and a curve). It almost seemed like he was working on the pitches mid-game and his curve has come along quite nicely (can't help to have Zito there teaching either). Last start he came back to his changeup more and it was effective. If I had to guess, I would put money on him having more starts similar to his last.
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Tue May 08, 2007 10:30 am

gostanford07 wrote:Like Yoda said, his changeup is his best pitch and is downright filthy to righties. Yoda can correct me on this but just from observation he seems to be getting away from it a little this year and has been throwing his new and improved breaking balls (slider and a curve). It almost seemed like he was working on the pitches mid-game and his curve has come along quite nicely (can't help to have Zito there teaching either). Last start he came back to his changeup more and it was effective. If I had to guess, I would put money on him having more starts similar to his last.

Yeah hitters were sitting on his change so he had to mix in a lot more breaking balls.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby YardBirds » Tue May 08, 2007 10:39 am

Good to here, I'll keep eyes on his next start and may scoop him up as my pitching is looking pretty mediocre other then my top 3.
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers