Accutane - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Accutane

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Sun May 13, 2007 6:13 pm

I'm starting my prescription Urigro of this week...
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Accutane

Postby WhiteHot » Thu May 17, 2007 9:03 am

Spiegepj wrote:I am starting Accutane tomorrow for Acne. I was wondering if anyone has taken the drug or has any experience with it. I was just wondering how long it takes to work and what side effects people experienced. I really appreciate it...I am a little nervous about it.

Best drug ever. I had pretty serious acne. Retin-A didn't work...some other prescribed topical drug didn't work. Accutane was beastly...it totally cleared everything up and I pretty much never had acne again. I took it when I was about 14 and I'm 25 now.

Not really sure how long it takes to work. Don't remember. I think the whole program is pretty long though.

If you drink a lot of water, ALWAYS carry a chapstick or blistex around, and take the regular blood tests (I assume they still require them), you'll be fine. It really dries you out...especially your lips. Buy tons of chapstick and leave a stick everywhere you'll be.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TBG » Thu May 17, 2007 1:04 pm

So is this something you have to keep taking to work, or did you wean yourself off of it and the acne stayed gone?
TBG Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Coppermine » Thu May 17, 2007 2:56 pm

I am starting [Valtrex] tomorrow for [Herpes]. I was wondering if anyone has taken the drug or has any experience with it. I was just wondering how long it takes to work and what side effects people experienced. I really appreciate it...I am a little nervous about it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WhiteHot » Thu May 17, 2007 3:57 pm

TBG wrote:So is this something you have to keep taking to work, or did you wean yourself off of it and the acne stayed gone?

No, you don't have to keep taking it. You take it for a little bit...like maybe 10 weeks...i forget.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Coppermine wrote:I am starting [Valtrex] tomorrow for [Herpes]. I was wondering if anyone has taken the drug or has any experience with it. I was just wondering how long it takes to work and what side effects people experienced. I really appreciate it...I am a little nervous about it.

8-o wow...i'm quitting ACS's mom cold turkey before i end up in the same boat as you ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 17, 2007 4:49 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I am starting [Valtrex] tomorrow for [Herpes]. I was wondering if anyone has taken the drug or has any experience with it. I was just wondering how long it takes to work and what side effects people experienced. I really appreciate it...I am a little nervous about it.

8-o wow...i'm quitting ACS's mom cold turkey before i end up in the same boat as you ;-7

No worries for you, according to your name.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby TBG » Thu May 17, 2007 5:26 pm

How did you guys get it prescribed to you? Did you ask for it, or did the doctor/dermatologist recommend it?

The reason I ask is I've visited a family doctor and two different dermatologists and every time I've asked about it, they don't want to prescribe it to me. I've tried Retin-A, and it didn't help. They keep giving me antibiotics, but they don't help either.
TBG Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 17, 2007 5:29 pm

TBG wrote:How did you guys get it prescribed to you? Did you ask for it, or did the doctor/dermatologist recommend it?

The reason I ask is I've visited a family doctor and two different dermatologists and every time I've asked about it, they don't want to prescribe it to me. I've tried Retin-A, and it didn't help. They keep giving me antibiotics, but they don't help either.

I would bring up this specific drug to the doctor and see what he/she says.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby WhiteHot » Thu May 17, 2007 11:24 pm

TBG wrote:How did you guys get it prescribed to you? Did you ask for it, or did the doctor/dermatologist recommend it?

Dermatologist recommended it. I went through a few diff drugs that did nothing. I think I tried other oral drug, various strengths of Retin A, and some other topicals. Nothing worked.

Someone will prescribe it. I would call a dermatologist, tell them your story (I tried this-and-that BS drugs...nothing worked...need to go on the 'tane), and they'll probably prescribe it. You'll have to see the doctor of course....but someone will prescribe it.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk