Accutane - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Accutane

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Accutane

Postby Spiegepj » Mon May 07, 2007 10:31 pm

I am starting Accutane tomorrow for Acne. I was wondering if anyone has taken the drug or has any experience with it. I was just wondering how long it takes to work and what side effects people experienced. I really appreciate it...I am a little nervous about it.
Spiegepj
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanK » Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 am

when you pop like 4 at a time you get a nice feeling, sometime it hurts but, you know, its part of the drug.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Tue May 08, 2007 2:47 am

Actually did take this a couple years ago and the doctor made it sound pretty hardcore. No side effects though. Took the pill once a day and the monthly bloodtest and in a few weeks acne was gone. It really wasn't that bad in the first place but I just couldn't permenantly get rid of it until I took this stuff. Haven't had any acne since.
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Big Train » Tue May 08, 2007 6:40 am

Been on it several times myself, mostly when I was younger. I get the impression that you have heard some of the negative things about it that are giving you cause for concern. Personally, I think that most of those concerns are complete hogwash. The only physical downside I suffered was a lot of dryness and that is to be expected. For me it was one of the best things I ever did for myself and even without knowing you, I think you will find the same thing if your acne was as bad as mine when I started. My only regret is that I didn't have the Accutane option sooner.

As for how long it takes to work, you will likely start seeing results within a month. PM me if you want to know more. It's a great benefit IMHO. Good luck. ;-D
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue May 08, 2007 9:28 am

I was on a drug for my acne when I was 15, but I thought it was called something like Roaccutane. Maybe they are the same thing.

I had a few side effects. I had harsh dryness on my face, dryness in my nose, nose bleeds, and head aches. There were also claims back then that it stunted your growth. Not sure if it did or not, I'm 5'11 and my younger bro is 6'4 but that doesn't mean anything.

That was 9 years ago, so I'm sure that the drug has undergone some changes since then. I can't say whether it was worth it or not. The side effects sucked, but so did not having the confidence to talk to people.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 08, 2007 8:23 pm

I only remember this from when I processed medical claims but did your doctor mention Retin-A?? If not and/or if your drug doesn't get the job done, ask him/her about it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DaQ » Wed May 09, 2007 12:41 am

Lofunzo wrote:I only remember this from when I processed medical claims but did your doctor mention Retin-A?? If not and/or if your drug doesn't get the job done, ask him/her about it.

I had been using Retin-A for a little while...gets the job done. ;-D
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat May 12, 2007 11:02 am

Does Retin-A bleach sheets/clothes like other medications?
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Sat May 12, 2007 12:08 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:Does Retin-A bleach sheets/clothes like other medications?

I have no idea.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Midnight_Toker » Sun May 13, 2007 3:07 pm

If you want a cheaper option to get rid of acne ... try taking more Zinc. Zinc is an anti - inflamatory and also helps regulate the oil levels on your face. Take about 50-70 milligrams a day, drink a good amount of water as well ... stay hydrated. You should notice great results within a week or two. It's done wonders for me.

Thanks to SmooveThug for the Sigs!
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk