Brad Lidge.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brad Lidge....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brad Lidge....

Postby gmoney973 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:31 pm

Will he become a closer again this season by getting traded?

he has looked good since his begining season blow up
gmoney973
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pedros Little Friend » Tue May 08, 2007 12:44 pm

that's the 64 dollar question. i hope so, i haven't been able to bring myself to cut him becuase we have a deep bench and i'm behind in saves.

phil garner's nuts and he's been down this road before. my opinion is that, if wheeler has a few bad starts and lidge continues to pitch well, he very well could get the job back in houston. i also think there's a decent chance that, if wheeler keeps the job, the astros trade lidge by the deadline...that's a long time off though.

after lidge lost the closers job a couple weeks he was still giving up tons of hits and walking too many guys but not giving up as many runs as he was early in the season. but in the last week or so he's been very good and not getting hit as much. i think he's still got value, but most experts tell you to cut bait. it depends on you leauge's bench but i'd be very surprised if he's not closing somewhere in the next month or two
Pedros Little Friend
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BklynsFinest » Tue May 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Dont cut him, he will close once again this year. When? I am not sure but I do think it will be sometime in early June. Just my gut feeling.
BklynsFinest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby smokin' Aces » Wed May 09, 2007 1:09 am

look at it this way if you dropped him for a better producer now you can keep pace with your league. why keep deadwood around until things change. i'm sure that he will not get picked up no matter what the cats r in your league. and if so you might actually find a better guy for now and the future depending on who. if not no big deal. so many people hold on to iffy's so long in fantasy and forget about the now. even in a keeper i'm sure you can find a higher upside for the future. i guess it comes down to how long are you willing to hang on to the past rather than live for the future?
smokin' Aces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BklynsFinest » Wed May 09, 2007 7:38 am

smokin' Aces wrote:look at it this way if you dropped him for a better producer now you can keep pace with your league. why keep deadwood around until things change. i'm sure that he will not get picked up no matter what the cats r in your league. and if so you might actually find a better guy for now and the future depending on who. if not no big deal. so many people hold on to iffy's so long in fantasy and forget about the now. even in a keeper i'm sure you can find a higher upside for the future. i guess it comes down to how long are you willing to hang on to the past rather than live for the future?

Who do I pick up in 13 team league??
BklynsFinest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby smokin' Aces » Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm

it depends on your needs and who's available. and a roster might help
smokin' Aces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Simulacrum » Wed May 09, 2007 5:55 pm

smokin' Aces wrote:look at it this way if you dropped him for a better producer now you can keep pace with your league. why keep deadwood around until things change. i'm sure that he will not get picked up no matter what the cats r in your league. and if so you might actually find a better guy for now and the future depending on who. if not no big deal. so many people hold on to iffy's so long in fantasy and forget about the now. even in a keeper i'm sure you can find a higher upside for the future. i guess it comes down to how long are you willing to hang on to the past rather than live for the future?

I suspect that smokin' Aces doesn't play in very competitive leagues.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby smokin' Aces » Wed May 09, 2007 6:06 pm

not in super competetive leagues but cmon we are talking about brad lidge the guy used to be good. i'll admit he may have some fantasy value left but after last year and already losing the closer joob to a bum like wheeler of wich i own both. i just think he is an afterthought untill he shows he can do it like he did 2 years ago thats all. i like immediate help on my team if i need it and i will take a hot high upside over a struggling guy any day. its the chance we all take. after all if we all were that smart we'd be managing in the big leagues. LOL. sorry i couldn't help you and good luck.
smokin' Aces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby uucrook3d » Wed May 09, 2007 6:13 pm

well you go pickup brad hennessey or jeremy accardo. i am gonna stick with lidge.... ;-D
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby yossarian » Wed May 09, 2007 7:24 pm

At this point, I would totally take Accardo over Lidge. Wheeler gives up a run every once in a while, but he's still closing the games out and getting the saves (knock on wood), which is more than could be said for Lidge.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates