Stuck in neutral - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Stuck in neutral

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stuck in neutral

Postby smoothcats13 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Not really sure what I should do to improve this team. I'm in 7th place out of 13 teams in a 5x5 roto league (keep 5 each year). My offense is the second best and (needless to say) my pitching sucks. Should I trade away some offense, or be patient with my SPs? I'm also thinking of trying to upgrade my offense at certain positions (3B or SS especially) by trading away pitching.

C: R. Martin
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
SS: T. Glaus
3B: E. Chavez
OF: C. Beltran, J. Bay, A. Dunn
Utl: N. Swisher
BN: C. Tracy, S. Green, D. DeJesus
SP: C. Zambrano, R. Johnson, Burnett, D. Bush, J. Moyer
RP: Borowski, Fuentes, Capps, Howry, Linebrink
DL: Dotel, F. Hernandez
smoothcats13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoshi47 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:24 pm

I might try to sell high on Shawn Green and maybe even David DeJusus (currently 35 and 76 in Yahoo respectively) for some pitching help.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=283211
Yoshi47
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RyeWhiskey » Mon May 07, 2007 9:40 pm

Upgrading your infield would cost you too much and you'd end up even lower in the standings. Here's what I would do:
1. Your biggest hitting hole is 3B with Chavez. Thankfully it's a very deep position. Is Edwin Encarnacion still available? I know many managers bailed on him after his crummy start, but I see him as returning to form so go check it out.
2. Option 2 is to plug Glaus at 3B and scour the FA/WW for a SS. Peralta still there?
3. I'd definately try and deal the following players: Chavez, Tracy, Green, DeJesus, Burnett, Moyer. Go for SPs, quality ones. If you can land 1-2 quality SPs and maintain your lineup, you'll be cruising.

Monkey
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:23 pm

Troy Glaus is a solid SS, not elite but he will get you HRs and RBI assuming he stays healthy. Your offense is fine. And your pitching isn't that bad. Zambrano has been off to a rough start but will rebound and I expect johnson to have a pretty solid year. Felix (cross your fingers) had sick stuff to start the year and we (as you know, i have him on my team too) can only hope that he's okay and comes back looking the same. Your main weak spot, I think, is your relief pitching, but I'm not entirely sure what to tell you without knowing your league's scoring categories...or who is still available in your league. If Jhonny Peralta is still available, snatch him up and plug him in at SS and move Glaus to 3rd...that would be a better lineup than having eric chavez in there...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MarinerFan93 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 am

Dotel may not keep his closer job with the Royals. Joakim Soria is rumored to have possibly bumped him out of the spot.

Please Help:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=283397
MarinerFan93
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team