Thoughts on the Prince - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on the Prince

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:50 am

jake_harv88 wrote:
EP3 wrote:he will cool down eventually right? 5hr his last 7 games? dang... i'm glad he's helping me win hr and rbi in my h2h league.. i just won't like it when he eventually cools off ... but for now.. what a beast!

yeah he will obviously cool off. At this point I am personally trying to sell high. Now i'm not saying that Prince is going to be a bad player the rest of the way, I'm just saying he can't maintain his current pace and he commands terriffic value right now. If you can trade him for a much more proven guy like maybe even Pujols, or a top tier SP then I say do it now...

Wouldn't trade him unless I was getting a top 10 player back.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:06 am

Thats what I was trying to say. I dont think I construed the message very well. My point was that he probably wont keep the blistering pace up so if you are able to trade him for Pujols/Santana type player i would go ahead and do it. At least thats the value he carries. If you can't trade him I would expect to him to have a "down" next couple of weeks, that is to say he wont hit 4 or 5 every week. Or 13 in a month...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby dc928 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:20 pm

I read in ESPN where they compare this year's Fielder to last year's R Howard and I think it is not a bad estimate, he is almost garentee to have over 35 HR at this point. I'd only consider selling him if I can get a top 10 player back say maybe Pujos, A Rod, Reyes, Utley, Santana, Guerro. I am not even sure if I will be willing to swap him with Howard at this point.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:25 pm

A lot of people are making that comparison. Its pretty legit. I was offered Howard for Fielder and Soria when he was closing. I turned it down with confidence. I like the list you put up, i probably wouldn't trade prince for vlad but maybe. The rest are definately legit options though...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:04 pm

"yeah he will obviously cool off. At this point I am personally trying to sell high."

Lots of ppl said that last year about Howard too and he went on to hit 58 HR. Not saying Prince & the Revolution will do that, because I agree he's likely to cool off, but I see no reason why he won't continue to be a top fantasy player the rest of the way.

He hit 28 HR last year as a 21-year-old rookie, and showed a good batting eye, a quick bat, and power to all fields (an underrated element of consistency in hitting HR). He's obviously made some improvements since then, which is expected.

My advice: Sell high if you can get a real stud in return, but otherwise sit tight and enjoy the elite 1B production -- and who knows, he could continue to rake and finish with 290-50-135-110.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Again i agree with what everyone was saying. The more and more I read this thread the more and more I start to think the only two players i would trade fielder for are pujols and santana...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mak1277 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:17 pm

I thank my luck stars every day that I kept Prince over McCann (it was a very close call) in my NL-only keeper. At this point, in that league, I don't think I'd trade him for anyone considering he only costs me a 7th round draft pick next year.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Gotta suck if you traded him for Teixeira by now...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:20 pm

I actually think trading him for Teixeira coming into the season would have been a bad idea. Teixeira only has the one 40 hr season and other than that hes put up 30 hrs every other year. Given his terrible slump in the first half of last year was it realistic to project teixeira to hit 40 Hrs this year? I dont think so. Mid to upper 30s was probably more realistic. Prince had 28 last year in his first full season. He was only 23 coming into the year and was always projected to be a huge hitter (by stats and weight :-b ). I think it was pretty safe to say that prince was going to hit at least 30 and therefore come close to matching the production that teixeira would give you. Prince was extremely undervalued in most league this year. I got him with pick 66 in my draft and that was probably a little too high at the time. Prince was the 12 1B drafted in my league following Pujols, Ortiz, Howard, Berkman, Teixeira, Hafner (not really 1b but still), Lee, Morneau, Konerko, Delgado, and Sexson. For those of you that capatilized on this. Congratulations ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby High Heater » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:26 pm

he's put himself right behind Pujols in all dynasty leagues in my book.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers