Thoughts on the Prince - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on the Prince

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on the Prince

Postby High Heater » Mon May 07, 2007 5:09 pm

at 6ft 260lbs this guy doesnt look that fat in my eyes, he looks a little leaner this year then last year in fact. he's crushing the ball as well. a highly reguarded 1B power prospect a couple years ago looks to be blossoming into an elite 1B now.

his line so far:

.298BA 9HR 26RBI 21R .386OBP .579SLG .964OPS

with his age, potential and numbers i am getting tempted to put him in the elite 1B with Pujols, Morneau.

i for one would rather have Fielder over Howard and Tiex.... bold saying that yes but i think his potential is just as good and his age is 5 yrs younger then the other two.

anyone have any predictions on where Prince will end up this year number wise?
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Fielder is not even close to Pujols' level and most likely will never be. Very few hitters are at that level. But Fielder should finish with 285-32-95-90-3 with some upside for 295-38-115-100-7.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby J35J » Mon May 07, 2007 5:39 pm

I had him preseason at...

0.283 avg
32 hr
100 rbi
95 runs
6 sb

...but he is really putting it together a little quicker than I anticipated so I wouldn't be surprised to see slightly better numbers across the board for this year, except maybe steals.

I'm worried about the weight and his performance in the long run though....his knees/ankles/feet won't be able to take 162 games a year for very long and I'd worry he doesn't have a very long career. Any "dings" in his lower body is going to be exaggerated in pain and time it takes to heal I would imagine.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Yoda » Mon May 07, 2007 5:47 pm

The man hits for average and power as a 23 yo what is there not to like? He is going to be a perennial 40+ guy very soon and I wouldn't be surprised if he achieves that this year.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby High Heater » Mon May 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Fielder is not even close to Pujols' level and most likely will never be. Very few hitters are at that level. But Fielder should finish with 285-32-95-90-3 with some upside for 295-38-115-100-7.

you miss read what i said. Pujols is in another tier by himself... that is obvious. however i dont think i would take Howard, Tiex or Morneau over Prince. all their ceilings are close and Prince is 5 years younger then the rest or close to it.

i just dont think people are giving Fielder the credit or value that he carries. much like Gonzo.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Mon May 07, 2007 5:56 pm

High Heater wrote:
Secret Avatar wrote:Fielder is not even close to Pujols' level and most likely will never be. Very few hitters are at that level. But Fielder should finish with 285-32-95-90-3 with some upside for 295-38-115-100-7.

you miss read what i said. Pujols is in another tier by himself... that is obvious. however i dont think i would take Howard, Tiex or Morneau over Prince. all their ceilings are close and Prince is 5 years younger then the rest or close to it.

i just dont think people are giving Fielder the credit or value that he carries. much like Gonzo.

I agree. I would easily take Prince over those guys you mentioned right now. He's a beast.

Not sure if you guys saw it but when he scored the game winning run against Capps, man he's got a lot of fire to go along with all that talent. He's gonna be a stud.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon May 07, 2007 6:08 pm

Purple Rain, Purple Ra-ia-ian

Provided he doesn't continue to engulf cheeseburgers and turn into his dad, he should be aite.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:15 pm

I own Fielder and the power is real. He should get close to 40 jacks and drive in over 100 runs this year. His strikezone judgement still leaves a lot to be desired though so I just hope he keeps his avg above .280.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 07, 2007 6:20 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Purple Rain, Purple Ra-ia-ian

Provided he doesn't continue to engulf cheeseburgers and turn into his dad, he should be aite.

I've been singing Kiss in my office for like the last 10 minutes since I saw this title. People are starting to stare.

Anyways I don't see why Prince can't be as good as pujols one day
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jbones733 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:45 pm

love the Prince , he could come close to Tex, Morneau, Howard status by years end without a doubt ;-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers