100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Evan Longoria

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Evan Longoria

Postby soty » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:00 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
yea
ok then i guess that is the strategy i will go with for now. looks like i will be hanging onto longoria after all. thanks for the help once again deeray. ;-D

one more quick question. am i on the right track pitchers wise? keeping webb, bedard and gallardo is the right thing to do right? or should i be keeping sheets (who is injured and injury prone) over any of them?
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soty » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm

thanks again for all the help. i will try to leave you alone now. :-) hope you still like your sig ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby soty » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:40 am

just noticed evan hit his first HR for durham last night. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby 5 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 am

I saw him play Saturday night...he was signing autographs so I went and said hello...some kid asked him what his last name was...Evan said, "Smith" and chuckled.

He also tossed me a ball before the game. Good guy.

He has a real sweet swing.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wrangor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:14 pm

He is putting together quite a minor league season. The great thing about all of his homers and hits, is that he has kept a very respectable BB/K ratio the entire time. The only time he has struggled with strikeouts was last year when he was moved up to AA at the end of the season. Other than that he has been very patient, and has shown a good presence at the plate. I truly see him coming up and hitting immediately for the Rays. I have him on my keeper league team and I have traded away some of my other keepers so that I can hang onto him. I have Kendrick as well, but I am really hoping that they move Longoria to 2B and keep Imawara at 3B...that isnt likely though from what I have heard.
Wrangor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby soty » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 am

This is from Longoria's Yahoo player note:

Aug 27 The Devil Rays will consider moving Akinori Iwamura to second base over the offseason to free up third base at the major league level for Longoria in 2008, the St. Petersburg Times reports. "Longoria is going to be the third baseman," manager Joe Maddon said.

Recommendation: That seems to eliminate the risk of the Rays asking Longoria to make a position move at his end. Longoria has been impressive this season at third base at both Double-A and Triple-A. The Rays are unlikely to bring up Longoria this September for a cup of coffee, but the Rays' 2006 first-round draft choice will get a long look at third base in spring training. If that goes well, the only remaining decision the Rays would seem to have concerning Longoria is whether he starts at third base on Opening Day, or if he gets the call in May 2008 instead for arbitration eligibility reasons.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball