King felix pushed back again....... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

King felix pushed back again.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beezer » Tue May 08, 2007 4:30 pm

I am willing to think that maybe the M's are just being extra careful with him. Besides, with this time off, he won't have to worry about fading late in the season.

It is frustrating but I have no problem with them being careful with Felix. But, there better not be another pushback!! I am banking on him starting the 15th.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby reider3 » Tue May 08, 2007 5:22 pm

I just read this on espn

Pete Becker: (3:51 PM ET ) Junior Felix? Wow, haven't heard that name in a while. I think he finished his career in Japan. Oh, you mean KING Felix? (I know. I slay me.) I don't like it. I don't like it at all. When there's a setback with an elbow, it's not good. It means rest and rehab isn't working. It means the symptoms are still there and there's got to be a cause for them. That's my take, anyway. Again, not a doctor, no medical training. But I've spoken to a professional sports therapist about it -- she has terrific credentials -- and based on general symptoms, she doesn't like the sound of it either.
reider3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue May 08, 2007 6:42 pm

Wasn't he supposed to pitch a sim game today?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby reider3 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:00 pm

I think he is suppose to pitch the simulated game on May 11
reider3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed May 09, 2007 12:38 am

Here's the Sportsline update, he pitched the sim game today:

Felix Hernandez (forearm, elbow) reported feeling fine after his 50-pitch simulated game on Tuesday. "(Tuesday), I feel pretty good," Hernandez told MLB.com. "(Wednesday), I'll feel even better, I think."
(Updated 05/08/2007).
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed May 09, 2007 12:46 am

Something's up. Putz had an elbow strain during ST and they didn't push him back at all. I know they want to be careful but Bravasi needs Felix on the mound or else he is fired. So he would want him out there asap but he is obviously not 100% even though he keeps saying he is fine. That's my conspiracy theory anyway. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BMcP » Wed May 09, 2007 1:47 am

A comment from the anti-conspiracy perspective (sportsline):

News: Felix Hernandez (forearm, elbow) reported feeling fine after his 50-pitch simulated game on Tuesday. "(Tuesday), I feel pretty good," Hernandez told MLB.com. "(Wednesday), I'll feel even better, I think."

Analysis: Barring any setbacks, Hernandez will come off of the 15-day disabled list and re-join the rotation on May 15 against the Angels. He has been on the DL since April 19 with a strained right elbow.

;-D
BMcP
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Wed May 09, 2007 12:53 pm

BMcP wrote:A comment from the anti-conspiracy perspective (sportsline):

News: Felix Hernandez (forearm, elbow) reported feeling fine after his 50-pitch simulated game on Tuesday. "(Tuesday), I feel pretty good," Hernandez told MLB.com. "(Wednesday), I'll feel even better, I think."

Analysis: Barring any setbacks, Hernandez will come off of the 15-day disabled list and re-join the rotation on May 15 against the Angels. He has been on the DL since April 19 with a strained right elbow.

;-D

Him feeling "pretty good" doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. I'll feel better after he does well his first start back.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates