No Thread for LaRoche? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No Thread for LaRoche?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby NZF » Mon May 07, 2007 4:21 pm

Someone that is relying on Sammy Sosa to be the saviour of their fantasy baseball team in 2007 (the relentess posting cheering for this guy to get a hit is pathetic) would disagree with that.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 07, 2007 4:24 pm

NZF wrote:Someone that is relying on Sammy Sosa to be the saviour of their fantasy baseball team in 2007 (the relentess posting cheering for this guy to get a hit is pathetic) would disagree with that.

lmao, you're a joke. :-b

'relentless posting' in what, one game thread when i needed a hit from one of my two players who were playing at the time and was watching the game live? that qualifies as being a savior? I'll say it again, you're a joke :-b

Read the post above wrs'. He gave you a much better explanation than you're even worth. Keep quoting yourself in your sig, stud. I'm done with you, kiwi. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby NZF » Mon May 07, 2007 4:25 pm

Pirates4Life wrote:Especially in keeper leagues, go get him if you can.

How many keeper leagues last more than 1-2 years?

How many keeper leagues let you keep more than 15 players?

How many keeper leagues are NL only 20 team leagues?

I repeat, in 9 out of 10 keepers he is not worth picking up.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pirates4Life » Mon May 07, 2007 4:36 pm

NZF wrote:

I guess it depends on the quality of the leagues you join. One of my dynasty leagues is in its 11th year, and my other one is in it's 4th. There's no sense in joining a keeper league if you expect it to fail.

It doesn't need to be a 15 player keeper league for him to be valuable.

And he'll have value well beyond any NL-only leagues.

Repeating something over and over again doesn't make it right. You're disregarding one of the premier hitting prospects in baseball, not just in the NL.
Pirates4Life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Pirates4Life wrote:
NZF wrote:

I guess it depends on the quality of the leagues you join. One of my dynasty leagues is in its 11th year, and my other one is in it's 4th. There's no sense in joining a keeper league if you expect it to fail.

Repeating something over and over again doesn't make it right. You're disregarding one of the premier hitting prospects in baseball, not just in the NL.

Don't bother, man. You are right, however. If you presume keeper leagues aren't going to last more than 2 years, then there's just no point in commenting at all on his keeper value. My main keeper is in its 7th year (keeping as many as 14 players), so I don't personally think that way. As I said initially, just because something is outside of your personal scope, doesn't mean it's out of everybody's.

Good analysis, P4L. ;-D He was scooped up in my main league before I had the chance to grab him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby NZF » Mon May 07, 2007 5:48 pm

Pirates4Life wrote:
NZF wrote:

He's one of the Top 20 hitting prospects I agree but that doesn't make him anywhere near as valuable as any of the Top 20 3B currently playing in the majors. In keeper leagues yes, he does have some value but what you need to weigh up is how much value. In my experience the majority of keeper leagues bomb after 1-2 years. Sure there are plenty that go for longer but these are more the exception than the rule. The majority of posters on this site that want advice about picking up a guys are playing in normal redraft leagues. Unless they mention differently you assume it is a standard 12 team 5 x 5 redraft. I'm sorry but in these leagues no way you go anywhere near La Roche. Even with a keeper league are you really going to keep La Roche. Maybe in large leagues where you keep 15 or more. They are a rarity.

Just for your info, these are some of the Top 20 hitting prospects 3-4 years ago that mde it to the majors.

Jason Lane
JJ Davis
Andy Marte
Drew Henson
Marcus Thames
Darnell McDonald
Kevin Cash
Joe Borchard
Eric Munson
Nook Logan
Ken Harvey
Michael Restovich
Rob Quinlan
Casey Kotchman
Chris Snelling
Laynce Nix
Rene Reyes
Scott Hairston
Corey Hart

Even guys on that prospects list that have had reasonable success like Bobby Crosby, Khalil Greene, Kevin Youkalis, JJ Hardy and Adam La Roche are not worth keeping in almost all keeper league formats.

And don't get me started on the Edwin Jackson's, Ryan Wagner's, Matt Riley's of this world.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers