Colon injury??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Colon injury???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Colon injury???

Postby Bo_Sox » Sun May 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Just saw on Sportscenter he tweaked his bicep......

Anyone who watched the game know anything about it?

I just freakin traded for him....
12 Team: 2nd year of Keeper:Head to Head
C: Weiters
1B: Berkman
2B:Phillips
SS:Scutaro
3B:A Rod
OF:Kemp,Manny,Victorino
UTL:Cuddyer
BN:Helton,V Wells,Hafner
SP:Beckett,Volquez,Romero,Floyd, Gallardo,Cook,Dempster,Hanson
RP:Cordero,Street,Franklin, Howell
Bo_Sox
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Don G. » Sun May 06, 2007 8:32 pm

damn this stinks....hope he's ok...sportsline is saying some sort of finger injury.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zevon » Sun May 06, 2007 8:39 pm

Sorry this is hurting your roster, but the title of the thread gave me the giggles.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun May 06, 2007 8:48 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Bartolo Colon suffered a mild biceps strain before leaving Sunday's game against the White Sox.
Since biceps injuries often turn out to be shoulder problems in reality, this is a major concern. Colon figured to have setbacks in his recovery from a torn rotator cuff, but he was looking so good in his rehab assignment and in his first couple of starts back in the majors. If he goes back on the DL, the Angels figure to recall Joe Saunders to replace him in the rotation.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The River » Sun May 06, 2007 8:55 pm

LOL
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jh2031 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Ummmm...I heard he left with a TRICEP injury.

LAA: Colon leaves with triceps strain
Bartolo Colon (P)
5/6: Bartolo Colon left his start on Sunday in the eighth inning with a mild triceps strain in his right arm, according to the Sports Network. He's listed as day-to-day. Colon pitched well prior to his departure, allowing two runs on five hits in seven innings.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mets1978 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:19 pm

"damn this stinks...."

yeah. Colon injuries usually do.

:-P
Mets1978
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Mon May 07, 2007 2:19 am

Man he was just getting into his groove.
this bites! I lost Piazza, Zumaya, Gordon and now Colon all this week in one league.!!

wow!!

MLB.com
wrote:
Colon, speaking through an interpreter, said of the pain in his triceps, "I had it early in the game, but it felt like on the last pitch I made it tightened up a lot."

Asked whether the pain might be related to the rotator cuff (shoulder) injury that kept him out of action until mid-April, Colon said, "I'm not worried. ... It's halfway between the elbow and the shoulder."

Scioscia said, "We're day-to-day with Bart and it's good to have the extra day [Monday]. We'll evaluate him on a daily basis." The manager later added he didn't believe Colon would undergo an MRI on Monday.

LATimes
wrote:
"I felt it on and off throughout the game, but on that last pitch I threw, it tightened up a lot," Colon said through an interpreter. "But I'm not worried, because I've had this in the past and have been able to pitch with it. God willing, I will be able to make my next start."

"Right now, it's tough to evaluate," Scioscia said. "He has as much chance of making his next start as of not making it. We'll take it day by day and see how he feels."
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby BOWSER » Mon May 07, 2007 3:33 am

This sucks...I hope he is OK...my trade last week is not looking good anymore...in my keeper league that counts BBs and Ks as offensive categories..I traded Grady Sizemore and Mike Piazza for Joe Mauer, Delmon Young and Bartolo Colon......hopefully Mauer and Colon come back soon...
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 am

This morning the LA Times -- and the Angels -- seem a little more optimistic: no MRI.

LA Times: About the only good news for the Angels was that Colon's injury — diagnosed as a mild strain of the right triceps — did not appear to be serious or related to the rotator-cuff tear that knocked him out for most of 2006 and the shoulder tear that ended his 2005 season.

"I felt it on and off throughout the game, but on that last pitch I threw, it tightened up a lot," Colon said through an interpreter. "But I'm not worried, because I've had this in the past and have been able to pitch with it. God willing, I will be able to make my next start."

Colon said the pain was about halfway between his shoulder and elbow and could have been caused by altering his mechanics to compensate for a tender left ankle, which he injured in his first game this season.

The Angels are off today, so Colon will have an extra day of rest before his next start, and as of Sunday afternoon, Scioscia said there were no plans for Colon to undergo an MRI test today.

"Right now, it's tough to evaluate," Scioscia said. "He has as much chance of making his next start as of not making it. We'll take it day by day and see how he feels."
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates