Will Pujols put up 1st round numbers this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Pujols put up 1st round numbers this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sooner711 » Sun May 06, 2007 6:55 pm

Everyone has their price...Pujol's is just very, very high.
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby janssenlbd » Sun May 06, 2007 7:53 pm

we all know he is the best hitter in baseball, but it wont show (as much) in his numbers if edmonds/rolen keep hitting like crap.

i think its hard to be sad about about 100runs 40hr 110rbi .305, but this is the Pujols and we've come to expect more.
C: Barrett
1b: Teixeira
2b: Upton
SS: Rollins
3b: Braun
OF: Soriano, Lee, Rios
Util: Holliday
BN: Atkins, Hart, A. Jones

SP: Santana, Halladay
RP: Putz, Papelbon
P: Lincecum, Ol. Perez, Bush
BN: Gallardo, Sheets(DL), P. Martinez(DL)
janssenlbd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun May 06, 2007 8:24 pm

janssenlbd wrote:we all know he is the best hitter in baseball, but it wont show (as much) in his numbers if edmonds/rolen keep hitting like crap.

i think its hard to be sad about about 100runs 40hr 110rbi .305, but this is the Pujols and we've come to expect more.

I would be fine with the #'s you just listed. At the pace he's on, it won't quite be that. That is the reasoning behind this thread most likely.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsaddict » Sun May 06, 2007 8:28 pm

janssenlbd wrote:we all know he is the best hitter in baseball, but it wont show (as much) in his numbers if edmonds/rolen keep hitting like crap.

What makes this year any different than last year? This year, because the Cardinals are the defending World Champs, everyone is noticing the lineup woes. Does nobody remember last year when nobody but Pujols was hitting? Yes, Rolen was hitting better, but it wasn't like he was dominating or anything. Edmonds was a bum last year, and nobody else was doing anything. And there was no Duncan (for the first part of the year at least, when Pujols was putting up record breaking numbers). This year is no different, Pujols is going to get incredibly hot soon and he will end up with 45/140/.320. Mark my words.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxdominate » Sun May 06, 2007 9:12 pm

moose32 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
moose32 wrote:pujols left a ton of men on base today, and i'm tied in rbis. :~(

So why don't you just trade him?

tell me is this the automated cafe response. just a little vent and the first repsonse is why dont you trade him rofl rofl lol. sometimes a man needs a little vent

It's certainly not out of line to be frustrated with Pujols so far. It's been over a month now and he hasn't quite come around yet, so why can't we be just a little concerned that he might not put up numbers that justify picking him first overall, as I did? Even great players have down years, see: Alex Rodriguez 2006.

I don't get to watch a lot of Cards games, so maybe he's getting unlucky/coming close. I just don't know. But I need man-beastly numbers out of him. 8-o
RedSoxdominate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun May 06, 2007 9:51 pm

RedSoxdominate wrote:
moose32 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
moose32 wrote:pujols left a ton of men on base today, and i'm tied in rbis. :~(

So why don't you just trade him?

tell me is this the automated cafe response. just a little vent and the first repsonse is why dont you trade him rofl rofl lol. sometimes a man needs a little vent

It's certainly not out of line to be frustrated with Pujols so far. It's been over a month now and he hasn't quite come around yet, so why can't we be just a little concerned that he might not put up numbers that justify picking him first overall, as I did? Even great players have down years, see: Alex Rodriguez 2006.

I don't get to watch a lot of Cards games, so maybe he's getting unlucky/coming close. I just don't know. But I need man-beastly numbers out of him. 8-o

My response was mainly because this is the leftovers forum, not the venting one. Go there and vent if you want to.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NZF » Sun May 06, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm almost positive he will end up with stud like 1st round numbers again. His greatest asset is his consistency. He's the best hitter of his generation and I don't believe barring injury he will end up with anything less than 40 HR's / 110 RBI's / 100 Runs and a .315 avg.

As it is, as ordinary for him anyway as he's been, he's still on pace for 35 Hr's, 80 runs and 100 RBI's. Admittedly with a .274 BA.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EP3 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:08 am

he's starting to hit again... from .230 two weeks ago to about .270... he'll be fine... the hrs will start coming again too... i'm not worried... just a bit frustrated... first year i have pujols and he struggles out of the gates grr...
EP3
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers