Roger Clemens a Yankee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roger Clemens a Yankee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Haha, there's 4 threads on this topic. I just chose the one with the most posts in it.

This signing really isn't especially surprising. I'm sure the Yankees just offered him the most money, and he took it. This puts into question whether he actually wants to play for a "winner" as the Red Sox are the best team in the AL right now. I'm sure the Yankees, especially with Clemens, will be fine, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:30 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:i cant wait to see Clemens get shelled back in the AL.
people need to remember the last time Clemens pitched as a Yankee he didnt have the dominating numbers he had with Houston, and that was in 2003.
i wouldnt expect numbers close to what he was getting in Houston(NL)

btw Rogers era in 2003 with the Yankees, 3.91.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun May 06, 2007 3:31 pm

Should I drop Lincecum for Clemens???? WHIR

;-7 :-D
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Strasil42 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:31 pm

mweir145 wrote:Haha, there's 4 threads on this topic. I just chose the one with the most posts in it.

This signing really isn't especially surprising. I'm sure the Yankees just offered him the most money, and he took it. This puts into question whether he actually wants to play for a "winner" as the Red Sox are the best team in the AL right now. I'm sure the Yankees, especially with Clemens, will be fine, though.

I also think Roger knows that the Yankees aren't going to be without 60% of their starting pitching and 2/3 of their outfield hurt.

Yankees have the best offense in the majors, and there pitching is just getting healthy.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Haha, there's 4 threads on this topic. I just chose the one with the most posts in it.

I also think Roger knows that the Yankees aren't going to be without 60% of their starting pitching and 2/3 of their outfield hurt.

Or it could be that he just went to the money, like he usually does.

Even with everyone healthy, I'm not sure the Yankees are better than the Red Sox. But I guess some could say he might take pride in pushing the Yankees over the top again.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Strasil42 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:36 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:

Even with everyone healthy, I'm not sure the Yankees are better than the Red Sox. But I guess some could say he might take pride in pushing the Yankees over the top again.

Yeah, I'm sure he did take the most money like most people do when they are looking for a job.

When everyone is healthy, the Yankees have the better offense.
Last edited by Strasil42 on Sun May 06, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ty Webb » Sun May 06, 2007 3:36 pm

ShadyChrs wrote:Earlier then anticipated.

ETA till we see him pitch?

Michael Kay asked him and Roger's response was hopefully by the end of the month, if not then early June.
Ty Webb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun May 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Sell High
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby duckbillgates » Sun May 06, 2007 3:38 pm

Rotoworld reporting that Clemens expects to return to the majors at the end of the month.

Oh, life is beautiful.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure he did take the most money like most people do when they are looking for a job.

Well you'd have to admit this situation is a little bit different than a normal person looking for a job, though I didn't say I wouldn't do the same as him if put in the same position.

When everyone is healthy, the Yankees have the better offense.

I believe offense is only one part of the game.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers