this guy keeps messing up? what do i do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

this guy keeps messing up? what do i do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

this guy keeps messing up? what do i do?

Postby trevizzle » Sun May 06, 2007 1:51 pm

so this guy in my league has a pretty stacked team, and he keeps wanting to make moves, but he is a newb

he's looking at stats and dumping players he feels are in slumps or not playing well like carlos delgado and brian roberts

since he's a newb i gave him a free be and gave him his players back and told him to consult me when he wants to make a move

but he didn't listen and dropped julio lugo for j.j. hardy, and dropped bretty myers for mark henderson

do i give him another free be or do i just start making him pay for his mistakes seeing as though i warned him?
tdizzle

trevizzle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

make him pay

Postby willy1354 » Sun May 06, 2007 6:37 pm

i'm also a commissioner and i've encountered this before. I stopped it for a while but then just said screw it. let him go, because eventually it will come back to bite him in the butt and he'll end up in the cellar.
willy1354
T-Ball Trainer

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun May 06, 2007 8:37 pm

I would call him out on it again, but say that you warned him, now his team will suffer the consequence. Tell him perhaps over the course of the season he will learn more because if he doesn't demonstrate some improvement he won't get the invite back.

I don't like having guys in my league who aren't learning and because of it are dropping players that are way too good to be dropped. For one, I don't want a team that is destined for the bottom of the standings because of their ineptitude, and for another I don't want something like waiver priority deciding a league.

Sure waivers help, but a #1 waiver priority isn't supposed to be the ticket to adding a proven star player. It's supposed to be about getting the guys that the deepest team in the league just can't quite afford to keep, but that are valuable to other teams. One man's trash is another man's treasure, but you can't have owners that are throwing away the core of their team like garbage.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby trevizzle » Sun May 06, 2007 10:48 pm

problem is he's not doing to awful cause it was a live draft and he wasn't there but the computer did a great job for him

currently im in 1st and he's in 2nd and im losing this week and he's winning so he's ganna jump to 1st, which im not worried about

problem is i told him about it and he gave me the attitude "my team i'll do what i want"

im just ganna leave it and let him suffer
tdizzle

trevizzle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby commence8 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:23 pm

Dropping Lugo for Hardy...wouldn't do that preseason, but look at things now.
Will always help in return (leave a link to your question in response)
commence8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:58 pm

commence8 wrote:Dropping Lugo for Hardy...wouldn't do that preseason, but look at things now.

Yeah I was just thinking that...

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby phin66 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:40 am

i'm not sure about dropping delgado/roberts. but lugo for hardy works as does myers for hendrickson(is who i believe you meant) albeit a little more skewed but from a different perspective one could argue that with the dodgers bullpen versus the phillies bullpen, provided hend stays in the rotation, they'll probably have the same win total at the end of the year. i've played in a league albeit only for a year because it frustrated me where this guy kept 6 of his original players throughout from the beginning but played with the wire based on matchups on a daily basis and he won, so cut the rookies a little slack but watch out for the numbers freaks and remember it is his team and one of the cardinal rules is to not worry about how your moves affect other teams as long as they continually strengthen your own.
phin66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jealousblues » Wed May 09, 2007 3:24 pm

Well you warned him. Let him lose some good players, mabe he will figure it out later and learn about baseball in the process.

The only thing I would really worry about is

A: someone getting a gift of Pujols or something

B: him abandoning his team
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby phillyphan12 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:24 pm

yea i agree because if he was in last feeding great players to teams above him, then i have a problem...but since he`s on top, let him mess his chances up with stupid moves if he so chooses
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bleach168 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:31 am

Better for him to drop all his good players than to trade them all to one person.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner